User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I prefer the *vibe* of Vigilante better, it feels industrial and badass and I've always been a sucker for the atmospheric urban backgrounds and vivid cloudscapes.

Quote Originally Posted by garrz32 View Post
    Easy. Splatterhouse for me all day and twice on Sunday.I have the PCB of this and a mint copy of the arcade flyer.
    The PCB must be worth quite a bit these days. Such a classic game.

The flyer looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by garrz32 View Post
    It's the only PC Engine game I have left out of my collection which I prolly won't sell.
    It's been ages since I played the PCE version, so I'll go back to it next time I have the machine set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    They are all great games though and I loved playing them all equally.
    Yeah, they're all classics. Splatterhouse is easily my favourite these days.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzFunk View Post
    I prefer the *vibe* of Vigilante better, it feels industrial and badass and I've always been a sucker for the atmospheric urban backgrounds and vivid cloudscapes.
    I remember liking it back in the day in the arcades and on the Amiga. It doesn't seem to get mentioned much when people talk about scrolling beat 'em ups, probably because it's not like Final Fight and Streets of Rage. And it's also a tough game until you get used to it. The gritty industrial atmosphere really screams 80s action movie.

I'm with the verbal wanderer on this one. There was something special about Vigilante. I adored both the MS and PCE versions. Splatter house is a fun if weirdly paced game, but back in the day kung-fu master was unsurpassed, though as mentioned already it was released waaaaay before the others.

I always felt like Vigilante was a stunted version of KFM in terms of gameplay, it's very similar but much more leaden and slow in feel. But that's why it feels the way it does! It's classic, iconic, badass feel.

KFM def the quickest and most playable, I somehow can't fit the awesome Splatterhouse into this equation, I see it more as a founding member of a great series of games.

Apologies, I know I seem to write in Japlish at times, I have bottlenecks in my processors.

Apologies, I know I seem to write in Japlish at times, I have bottlenecks in my processors.

If it's not a "civilized urinating", Mike Haggar will smash your face in.

I don't think I have ever played Vigilante. I loved Kung Fu Master and I guess it's possible it's the better game but the visuals and fun of Splatterhouse wins for me. In all honesty, it's not one I can play for very long and stay interested but it's a lot of fun in short bursts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    In all honesty, it's not one I can play for very long and stay interested but it's a lot of fun in short bursts.
    It's one of those classic games that I'll go back to every year or so. A great thing about old arcade games is you can often go through them in less than 45 minutes and feel satisfied.

It's such a shame that the Amiga didn't get a port of Splatterhouse, as I think it would have worked well.