Metal Gear Survive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Gear Survive

First non-Kojima Metal Gear Game inbound.

"Sent through the gates of hell, explore a deadly world and fight for survival solo or with friends in co-op."

It is NOT a dating service:

Ironically was a rather Stealthy release

Comment

This probably won't be that bad all told.

Seems to feature the amazing gameplay of MGSV, but with elements of survival games too.

Can't say I particularly care right now but might have a look once the price falls.

Comment

Hope you like paying for save spots bitches:

Man WTF is going on in gaming when blatant gouging is the order of the day? I suppose if chumps keep paying but sheesh, sheesh guys (and not the delicious kind) also:

Players discover some odd rules accompanying the EULA for Metal Gear Survive including a stipulation that prevents users from seeking relationships with other people.

No sexy time on Konamis shift.

Comment

Some people admit some things are better, but others are worse:

Others are less positive in their reviews:

Comment

Such a funny, but great review. Nail on the head from Jim there. When I saw this for the first time, I too thought, really? Zombies, horde mode, boring crafting? Zero originality.

Ooh, it's got carving from Monster Hunter... no, must resist.

Comment

I've seen many vids where they poke the enemys to death through a fence or hide on a rock and poke the enemy's to death!! this game looks all sorts of broken and with its predatory dlc practices hopefully it will be consigned to the scrap heap of time, maybe it will be the last we see of konami's use of the metal gear license too (wishful thinking on my part i know).
              Last edited by Lebowski; 26-02-2018, 14:19.

Comment

Metal Gear spin-off Metal Gear Survive has flopped upon release in the UK.It placed sixth in Chart-Track's official run…

"Metal Gear spin-off Metal Gear Survive has flopped upon release in the UK.

It placed sixth in Chart-Track's official rundown, which tracks physical copies sold only.

Survive obviously shifted a fraction of the boxed copies that Metal Gear Solid 5 did - although as very different animals, the comparison is somewhat unfair. However, compare Survive's launch with Rising - another Metal Gear spin-off - and it's notable Survive sold 85 per cent fewer copies.

Its success on Steam is a little harder to pin down, but it is currently way down the list of games sorted by current players - in 65th place just days after launch, behind H1Z1, Europa Universalis 4 and Human: Fall Flat, with at the time of writing 4136 playing worldwide.

1. FIFA 18
                2. Grand Theft Auto 5
                3. Call of Duty: WW2
                4. Monster Hunter World
                5. EA Sports UFC 3
                6. Metal Gear Survive
                7. Shadow of the Colossus
                8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
                9. Super Mario Odyssey
                10. Assassin's Creed Oranges"
                Last edited by QualityChimp; 26-02-2018, 15:16. Reason: Added speech marks

Comment

There's been so little marketing of the game, it's hardly surprising. I think they've been far too reliant on the MGS name to sell it. That'll have hurt among casuals, then with enthusiasts it's tainted by the departure of Kojima and the general cash-in feel.

Comment

Dead in the water.

Comment

its already down to under £20 a week after release, when its a fiver I might buy it, might

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
                        its already down to under £20 a week after release, when its a fiver I might buy it, might
                        When they're charging £10 for a save slot, it's not worth buying for free

Comment

oh how I miss Konami from the Snes days, amazing games always, how they have got so bad is beyond belief.

Comment

*sigh* oh Konami. How we miss thee.

"Kojima Productions Forever" message hidden in Metal Gear Survive

"As you can see, the names of the animals in those codenames spell out the phrase ‘KJP Forever’. KJP refers to Kojima Productions, the team founded by Hideo Kojima in 2005. At the bottom of the list, two further codenames, Bastard Yota’ and ‘Cunning Yuji’. Those refer to game designer Yota Tsutsumizaki, and producer Yuji Korekado, but are perhaps less well hidden than the other messages of insubordination."

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
                              oh how I miss Konami from the Snes days, amazing games always, how they have got so bad is beyond belief.
                              Yep. The Konami and Capcom logos were once seals of quality. Even throughout the 32-bit era, for the most part.

Comment

Working...
                              X