User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Not sure if this is real either but as a curio to add to the thread (it's all CG) here's the supposed trailer for Virtua Fighter 3 on the Saturn. I remember hearing at the time it had aired but I never saw it:
    Not sure that is real; I think it's just the intro sequence that was used in the arcade too. That being said, Sega were at one point working on a Saturn VF3 - though it's uncertain how far they got. Similar for the Saturn Shenmue, though we have some actual footage of that.

Part of that work persisted though; the VF characters have a number of their VF3-specific moves in Fighters Megamix, and the Janet Marshall character (the female character from Virtua Cop 2) uses some of Aoi's moves from VF3.

I remember picking up the 32X version on launch for an incredible 13, and played it to death. I still consider it to be superior to the Saturn Version that I later picked up. However I picked it up way too late on Saturn as I had already bought VF2, which I was playing more than anything else. I was then disappointed when instead of VF3 the Saturn got Fighters Megamix, until playing it. It remains my favourite fighter on Saturn. But then like has been stated earlier once VF3 came out it was battling Soul Calibur and SC just looked better, so that became my favourite. I never got into VF4, but VF5 remains a firm favourite to play to this day. I do hope Sega do something with the franchise other than licensing out the characters to other games.

Quote Originally Posted by chipsgravy View Post
    I remember picking up the 32X version on launch for an incredible 13, and played it to death. I still consider it to be superior to the Saturn Version that I later picked up.
    My memory of it is too hazy to weigh in, but I can certainly see how it might've been better than VF1 on Saturn, if Sega had longer to develop it. It's a shame the Saturn didn't just start with Virtua Fighter Remix, because although I prefer the aesthetic of arcade VF1, the Saturn one was visually a bit off, with at-times choppy framerate, and the characters having lower polycounts (e.g. mittens instead of individual fingers).

Nostalgia-wise though, it'll always be Saturn VF1 for me. Objectively it might be inferior but it's such a big part of my childhood.
    Last edited by Asura; 29-01-2018 at 06:07 PM.