Dundee: The Son of a Legend Returns Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dundee: The Son of a Legend Returns Home

There's still confusing as to whether this is building towards being an ad campaign or an actual movie that's coming out of absolutely nowhere but:

Apparently this is the second teaser for Crocodile Dundee 4 which will see Danny McBride play Dundee's New York raised son who comes to Australia in search of his missing father. So random.

I really don't understand why 12-18yr olds of this generation would wanna bother with a movie based on a 1987 property that fizzled out a quarter of a decade back.

Why even bother???!!!

Why waste that money???! It is clear it will NOT work!!!!!

Comment

In the same way people are reassessing some of the dated humour in "Friends", looking back, Crocodile Dundee has some uncomfortable moments for modern viewing.

Comment

True. It was good back then though, when none of us knew any better, including that bloke who wrote that Guardian article (which has spelling mistakes, ugh). Very easy to go back 30 years and have a pop at the standards of the time.

However, this new movie can only be a bad idea.

Comment

I find the idea of the film existing fascinating but even the humour in just those two teasers is awful.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
            I really don't understand why 12-18yr olds of this generation would wanna bother with a movie based on a 1987 property that fizzled out a quarter of a decade back.

Why even bother???!!!

Why waste that money???! It is clear it will NOT work!!!!!
            You mean quarter of a century back. Who wants this exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
              Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              In the same way people are reassessing some of the dated humour in "Friends", looking back, Crocodile Dundee has some uncomfortable moments for modern viewing.
              https://amp.theguardian.com/film/201...ring-that-back
              It's because 90s nostalgia is creeping in. Jurassic Park is a big brand again, teens are rediscovering stuff like The Fresh Prince on Netflix, and we're seeing indie games that re-create Model-1 style 3D graphics, and indies always get there first.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                You mean quarter of a century back. Who wants this exactly?
                I guess it depends on what the end product actually is, if it's just a generic apatow style comedy ala Baywatch, then it doesn't need to appeal to anybody in-particular.

If you want to see a really bad example of a film reboot that totally missed it's target audience, then watch the recent power rangers movie. So many direct references and strange choices to keep names and characters the same, regardless of whether it makes sense to a child or not.

Comment

Have old Dundee do old humour and Danny Mcbride of all people call him out on it. There's a potential for a progressive film here.

Or just go old school and offend everybody for laughs.

Comment

Those Dundee teaser trailers are setting up a big Super Bowl commercial, not an actual movie. Sorry, Crocodile Dundee fans.

Aaaand... it's not real. The teasers are a build up to a spoof campaign for the Super Bowl slots that will actually be to promote tourism in Australia.

Comment

Should I admit I’m a little disappointed?

Comment

I love that the article says it pretty much should have been obvious that it was fake because it seemed so absurd as a concept.

I thought it worked because of that, I mean, it was Danny McBride... I could totally buy him making this film

Comment

I'm sorry, what? We're supposed to know things aren't real because they are absurd? Life would be so easy!

Comment

Hugh Jackman has revealed on Twitter that he is also part of the upcoming “Dundee: The Son of a Legend Returns Home” project, an expected extended Super Bowl spot as opposed to an actual film. He even offers a glimpse of his role which you can see below. Danny McBride and Chris Hemsworth lead the […]

Hugh Jackman will appear in the full ad spot

Whilst a third spot has been released

Comment

Now an actual full length trailer for the Commercial series

Comment

Working...
                              X