Xbox LIVE GOLD + da kidz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox LIVE GOLD + da kidz

My boys each have an Xbox One and want to play Fortnite. If I get them set up with a GOLD account each can I set that up so it allows them to play online but restricts communication from people they don't know?

I just need some clear infor before I pull the trigger on a couple of GOLD subs ... and the Microsoft help pages are a bit hit & miss.

You can customise all sorts of options around online communications on the Xbox. I look after my nephews account and restrict most things to his friends list only and have sharing blocked.

Comment

Sounds like a good set-up to me ... cheers buddy

Comment

Have a look at this section of the Xbox support pages.

Comment

Perfect. Thank you guys. They're all set up now and trying desperately to get competitive at Fortnite

Comment

I have a gold account for me and then they both have silver accounts. I tell them what they can and can't do. If I catch them breaking the rules, no more fortnite etc. Only voice comms with people they know in RL etc.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              I have a gold account for me and then they both have silver accounts. I tell them what they can and can't do. If I catch them breaking the rules, no more fortnite etc. Only voice comms with people they know in RL etc.
              Thanks Charles. I wasn't even aware gold+silver+silver and all playing online was possible (I'm so behind on all things Microsoft tbh). I'll see how 6 months of gold takes, fine tuning it along the way ... then it's good to know silver might be an option, particularly for our youngest (9) ... I'll be keeping a close eye on things.

Comment

Check out family game sharing as well. By setting the home console as each others it's possible for two people to play online with one copy of a game, digital of course.

This is down to MS allowing gold to be shared with everyone on a home console, and that owner to play remotely on another unit provided they are online.

It sounds confusing but it's surprisingly simple and easy to do. Just Google it for a better explanation.

Comment

I guess it doesn't matter too much when the game is free to play... But could save you a bit in future if they want to buy any games and play together.

Comment

Nice one, cheers nonny

Comment

No problem. I just know a mate of mine with a teenager makes his kid pay half for any new game and then they do this family sharing and play co-op together... Win win and MS encourages it.

If you are going to buy digital also remember you're pretty free to buy from other cheaper regions as well. I buy all my games from Hong Kong using gift cards as it's about 40% cheaper than the Aussie store pricing.

Comment

Working...
                      X