Best of the 3DS - Your top 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best of the 3DS - Your top 3?

What would you say the top three experiences are on the 3DS for you?

The library is vast and the games uber cheap at the moment so what's the creme de la creme in your opinion? Or possibly even someone else's opinion or you could even speak for everyone like some kind of dictator and say "I decree these are the best for we" and close the thread as you cackle manically whilst being drunk on your own power or even a combination of the above as I'm cool like that.

I'm a traditionalist in terms of handheld gaming experiences so for me, considering I'd now rather play MK8 than MK7:

-Luigi's Mansion 2
    -Super Mario 3D Land
    -Kid Icarus Uprising

Comment

Herein is my problem with the 3DS - nothing has felt essential. I haven't played the new Metroid yet, so maybe that will be it...

Comment

This is a tough one, although my first is easy. Here goes:

- Animal Crossing New Leaf
        - Theatrhythm Curtain Call
        - Mario Kart 7

With honourable mentions for Zelda Link Between Worlds, Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D, Pokemon Sun/Moon, the Phoenix Wrights and Laytons and the versus one, Kid Icarus Uprising and probably a load of other ones. For me the system has a bucketload of superb games.

Comment

Come on Dogg, kick those honourable mentions to kerb.

A, B, C, easy as 1, 2, 3 - ol "hit my character limit in the essay so I'll just continue verbosity in the footnotes" ass

Comment

Zelda - Link Between World's
            Super Mario 3D Land
            Luigi's Mansion 2

Ridge 3D is awesome too.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
              Herein is my problem with the 3DS - nothing has felt essential. I haven't played the new Metroid yet, so maybe that will be it...
              I actually agree with this. The closest I would get was Fire Emblem Awakening, but that was also my first Fire Emblem game.

Comment

Etrian Odyssey IV
                Fire Emblem Fates
                Super Mario 3D Land

Comment

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
                  Kid Icarus: Uprising (my GOTY 2012)
                  Fire Emblem: Awakening

Comment

Kid Icarus is getting some love, I remember reading how everyone said it was disappointing when released for some reason (controls? play mechanics? internet being populated by grumpy old sods?) and didn't even check it out because, gasp, I've never played any previous incarnation of the game and haven't a clue what its about.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                      Kid Icarus is getting some love, I remember reading how everyone said it was disappointing when released for some reason (controls? play mechanics? internet being populated by grumpy old sods?) and didn't even check it out because, gasp, I've never played any previous incarnation of the game and haven't a clue what its about.
                      You do get pretty bad cramps if you try holding the 3DS like you would a normal game. I used to rest it on my knee whilst playing in bed and could play like that indefinitely. My GOTY for that year, not that 2012 was anywhere near a stand-out year for games of course.

It's an on-rails shooter with ground sections. Tons of different weapons. Think Sin & Punishment with the difficulty slider from Smash Bros. (gamble more cash on a higher difficulty for more rewards).

Comment

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome Amiibo
                        Monster Hunter 4 (as this one broke the mold)
                        Fantasy Life

Comment

Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time 3D
                          Animal Crossing: New Leaf
                          Pokémon X/Y

Comment

If you've already played the Wii U version of 3D World is 3D Land still worth playing folks?

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                              If you've already played the Wii U version of 3D World is 3D Land still worth playing folks?
                              yes, similar concept but not the same game.

Comment

Working...
                              X