Best of the 3DS - Your top 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    NSMBU did almost 6 million copies. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm expecting a new one being announced for the Switch at any point. A lot of the levels are great, yes - especially later on. The last two areas were infuriating, but in a good way.

I'll be trying out SM3DL when I get home. I just hope it's not a step back after the mighty SM3DW, which had some of the best level design I've ever seen. To think that they all actually work just as good, if not better in a multi-player setting, is further testament to their genius.
    I chose 3D Land first in order to get that Wow effect once playing the Wii U version but am quite satisfied with this as it feels so tight and well put together like it was intended for the format and not chopped to fit so I imagine there would be quite a difference on the home console version as this is quite lean but I'm only a couple of levels into yet.

Now bear in mind I bought NSMBU because of your earlier comment saying its on par with SMW which I class as the finest 2D platformer ever with oodles of playability and really clever design touches so here's hoping it delivers.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
      Now bear in mind I bought NSMBU because of your earlier comment saying its on par with SMW which I class as the finest 2D platformer ever with oodles of playability and really clever design touches so here's hoping it delivers.
      I'm mid-way through playing SMW again casually on my BVM. It's the only game I have for the SFC. It's always fun running through, but it's rather simplistic for 2018, especially after you've been over it more than a handful of times. NSMBU feels like more of a sequel to it than Yoshi's Island ever was, sub-title aside.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        I'm mid-way through playing SMW again casually on my BVM. It's the only game I have for the SFC. It's always fun running through, but it's rather simplistic for 2018, especially after you've been over it more than a handful of times. NSMBU feels like more of a sequel to it than Yoshi's Island ever was, sub-title aside.
        Big words. Like Orca fat.

Will turn my attention to it once I've completed 3D Land so expect a shout with my experience after I've given it a spin as I'll be really surprised if it delivers like you say as those two titles were quite ace and have stood the test of time in my eyes.

Comment

I'm not trying to turn this into the NSMB thread but I've been playing NSMBWii for a good few hours now. I've gotten a lot further than before and it's really quite excellent. These levels are a joy to play.

If you gave this to someone back in the 90s they would have exploded.

Comment

Top 3 on the 3DS for me.

1. Super Mario Maker
            2. RPG Maker FES
            3. Mario 3D Land

Comment

Seeing as we don't appear to have a general current 3DS thread I'll post this here:

How dope does that look? Diving in later to see how it plays. Anyone else up for some synthwave powered racing?

Comment

I'd rather just play Outrun 3D, tbh. Or Horizon Chase on mobile which has tons more originality.

Comment

Well it certainly isn't good and not a patch on Outrun 3D. The controls are twitchy, tracks basic and gameplay very ho hum.

Comment

Working...
                  X