New arcade hardware coming, G-rev onboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New arcade hardware coming, G-rev onboard

It seems a new arcade PCB is in development, supported by the few remaining Japanese arcade developers including G-rev, who are looking for suggestions as to what to release first. More to be revealed at JAEPO next month. Aka to Blue already confirmed.

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
    https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61681

It seems a new arcade PCB is in development, supported by the few remaining Japanese arcade developers including G-rev, who are looking for suggestions as to what to release first. More to be revealed at JAEPO next month. Aka to Blue already confirmed.
    Will AKA to blue be a JAMMA PCB?

Good news about the new G-rev release. From my understanding it won't support 15khz, 720p only?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
      Will AKA to blue be a JAMMA PCB?
      Good news about the new G-rev release. From my understanding it won't support 15khz, 720p only?
      Shou says minimum 31KHz for the hardware, which interestingly he describes as a "PCB" but surely a JVS PC based system is likely. I love my low-res too Zak but it makes sense for the ports.

Comment

Good to see G-Rev back on the arcade scene. Hopefully any new release will find its way home too. I’m surprised given the generic Windows PC based nature of arcade systems these days that MS or Sony hasn’t offered their latest systems as a standard arcade board.
        A One X based platform would be cheap and utilize Direct X which would make ports to PC, Xbox and even PS4 relatively straight forward.

Comment

Interesting to hear they're going for a PCB rather than an embedded PC like the Taito X hardware, although I think they'll just pick existing hardware and create a custom board.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
            Shou says minimum 31KHz for the hardware, which interestingly he describes as a "PCB" but surely a JVS PC based system is likely. I love my low-res too Zak but it makes sense for the ports.
            I'm ok with the 31KHz, it's the 720p part which worries me. My tri-sync can't handle that.

Comment

Good news as a means for new games, and if ease of ports is a proper consideration then that's even better. Not really in the market for a HD cab and brand new arcade hardware right now!

I remember reading at some point is that Aka to Blue is headed for the Switch too, but I also remember when Akai Katana was 'confirmed' for the Vita, so I'll try not to get too excited about that for now.

Comment

Working...
              X