Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Minish Cap is the greatest Zelda

Says I. Fight me!

For real though, its the only one I've ever finished and wanted to finish so to me that speaks volumes. Absolutely charming game that was a joy to play on the Micro and overall was a definite 10/10 experience. I've tried LttP and never got more than a few hours into it before being overcome by mehdom. NES ones, didn't even bother. N64, nope because they looked like refried ass. Windwaker on GC actually led to me persevering at least half way before the sailing tedium set it and I left it by the wayside. Wii ones, never even booted them up when I owned them. Switch, don't own, DS ones seemed hokey from a couple of minutes play and the 3DS versions have been ignored too although I did play a couple of hours of the LttP redux and found that decent and the GB ones followed the same "played for a bit but didn't grab me so left" approach that seems so common with most of these titles for me.

Whats the SPOILER FREE standout for you from this range of titles as it certainly has its fans and should be a game I enjoy but it just seems so tedious at points.

This is DEFINITELY the best looking Zelda game by far. It is pixel art perfection and the colours and drawn effects are simply beautiful.

Comment

Personally, my favourite is Game Boy Link's Awakening.

Comment

I'm in the Breath of the Wild camp myself. Saying that I've only completed Wind Waker and Link's Awakening. Next up is Ocarina of Time or going back to Link to the Past on the GBA.

Comment

It's in the middle of the pack for me but yeah, visually it's niiice

Comment

I don't know what it is about these games but for some reason they never clicked with me like Minish Cap did. Out of the rest which one would you say is the closest in terms of feel/experience as I do fancy giving them another chance.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
              I don't know what it is about these games but for some reason they never clicked with me like Minish Cap did. Out of the rest which one would you say is the closest in terms of feel/experience as I do fancy giving them another chance.
              A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, A link Between Worlds. In that order.

I actually didn't get on that well with Minish Cap because it felt too much like Oracle of Seasons/Ages (Also by Capcom). You may want to try those,
              Last edited by dataDave; 17-01-2018, 10:13.

Comment

Now I think about it, I've only ever played Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time.

I liked OoT, but the N64 was a brown, foggy experience all round.

Comment

I don't know how anyone who likes games can't get along with LttP. To this day it's an absolute master class in game design. Timeless. Arguably Nintendo's best production.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, A link Between Worlds. In that order.

I actually didn't get on that well with Minish Cap because it felt too much like Oracle of Seasons/Ages (Also by Capcom). You may want to try those,
                    Woohoo! Looks like it will be that next then. I was going to get back into A Link Between Worlds as I've already got it but the Capcom aspect is just to appealing. Which one do you play first?

Comment

For me its:

-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
                      -The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
                      -The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
                      -The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
                      -The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
                      -The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
                      -The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
                      -The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
                      -The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
                      -The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
                      -The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
                      -The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
                      -The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
                      -The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass
                      -The Legend of Zelda
                      -The Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Barring some replays I need to do, currently in that order

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                        Which one do you play first?
                        Either.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          Either.
                          You sure? I do remember reading something about the continuation of one from the other and how its was best done in a certain order due to what carried over or similar?

Comment

Nah, they work well in either order. I replayed them a couple of years ago and they are still very strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Nah, they work well in either order. I replayed them a couple of years ago and they are still very strong.
                              Just searched, peep:

"If you play Ages first you can't get to one spot on the map. But in theory you could always play Ages again after playing both and it'll still be a linked game."

Plus other comments in there saying how its placed first, was developed first plus apparently the combat progresses from Seasons to Ages so there it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X