User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Xbox One X + 1080p

    Okay, I've got a One X but not planning on buying a 4K HDR tv until later in the year. So I want to get the most out of it with out current set.

    So the enhancements I get with 1080p (frame rate, etc) ... are they game patches that will arrive automatically or do I have to download the giant 4K updates to get them?

  2. #2
    They would possibly be a mix of both. Automatically the Xbox One X does better aliasing than the other versions and also provides a better experience on games that dynamic resolution scaling. So no patch really necessary for that, plus it's HDD improves loading times a bit better as well.

    If you elect to download 4K assets and install them for the games some will then look even better thanks to it super sampling or whatever it's called. You'll still be running at 1080p but textures will be a little sharper. I guess up to you if you want that though as some 4K assets are huge, like an extra 30gb on top.

  3. #3
    Cheers nonny. I guess they must be separate as the big upgrade download isn't even listed in 'manage game' on Forza 7 ... I guess that must become active only when the console is set up in 4K.

  4. #4
    I took my X to my in-laws for some New Years Jackbox action, but couldn’t help myself have a look at supersampled Assassind Creed, it looked amazing.
    The overall image was not as sharp, but it was still free of jaggies.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Cheers nonny. I guess they must be separate as the big upgrade download isn't even listed in 'manage game' on Forza 7 ... I guess that must become active only when the console is set up in 4K.
    It's not listed as an actual dlc pack. There is an option in settings for automatic downloads to always get 4K assets if they are available.

    Edit:

    it's under System - Backup & Transfer. There is a checkbox for "Download 4K game content"
    Last edited by nonny; 15-01-2018 at 12:55 AM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by nonny View Post
    It's not listed as an actual dlc pack. There is an option in settings for automatic downloads to always get 4K assets if they are available.

    Edit:

    it's under System - Backup & Transfer. There is a checkbox for "Download 4K game content"
    Does the game actually function as enhanced if you don’t download that?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoris View Post
    I took my X to my in-laws for some New Years Jackbox action, but couldn’t help myself have a look at supersampled Assassind Creed, it looked amazing.
    The overall image was not as sharp, but it was still free of jaggies.
    Dude, I'm playing Assassins Creed Origins on my Xbox One X in 1080p with Super Sampling and it looks awesome. Some of the areas could be photo realistic at times. God only knows how good it must be in 4K

  8. #8
    Basically, most games with no patch will run better on the X. You'll have faster loading, more stable frame rates, less jaggies and no screen tearing. The patches offer better textures, programmed improvements such as true 4k image quality, enhanced graphical effects or unlocked / 60fps modes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •