New Gameboy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Gameboy

Not the gameboy mini we want but an updated model from Hyperkin.

https://gizmodo.com/game-boy-is-coming-back-thanks-to-hyperkin-1821898716

No. Thank. You.

*Looks at all that junk in the trunk*

Was expecting something official slim and dinky.

Comment

Kinda a shame that the screen still has ghosting. I suppose they want it to be an accurate experience but it's already not a proper replica.

Comment

Isn't this a lawsuit waiting to happen, or just having an hardware able to play games is extempt from copyrights and such? Or did I miss that this is a (very unlikely) officially licenced product?

Comment

Maybe GameBoy patents are expired now. Same how there are countless legal NES and SNES clones.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            Maybe GameBoy patents are expired now. Same how there are countless legal NES and SNES clones.
            I'm pretty sure I read recently that Nintendo recently renewed the patents on the original Gameboy.

Comment

I’d have thought Analogue would have been all over the Gameboy by now if there was no legal roadblocks.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                I'm pretty sure I read recently that Nintendo recently renewed the patents on the original Gameboy.
                Not an expert but I don't think you can renew a patent once it expires, it's normally trade marks that companies renew. And in this case Nintendo certainly did renew the Gameboy trade mark last year.

Comment

If thats the case then what are the chances of this Gameboi concept based around the iPhone 4 design ever being made as it looks dope:

An update/refresh along these lines with these features would be exceptionally cool and equally unlikely buy hey!

Comment

Working...
                  X