No announcement yet.

Super Little Things That Puzzle You II: Turbo X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even the PS2 version of that seems to have had a price hike due to scarcity, but let's not forget that at the end of the day: it's still a stinker

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      Even the PS2 version of that seems to have had a price hike due to scarcity, but let's not forget that at the end of the day: it's still a stinker
      Who will save Selena?!

Comment

Latest Movies - New Films - 3D Movies | Cineworld Cinemas
        Isn't this showing ultra wide by cutting huge amounts of the image off the top and bottom?

Comment

Judging by the Top Gun trailer on that page, it looks like the screens to the left and right are only deployed in particular scenes that have been specially prepared for that format. So you're not losing anything, but I can't imagine the stuff to the left and right is going to be of much importance if it's missing from every single showing of the film that isn't in 'Screen X' format.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            How can a bin cost £160?!
            In seriousness, 160 is a lot, but for our current kitchen bin, we got an "expensive" one (i.e. >£50) a few years back and honestly I wish we'd done it years ago. We hated the idea of paying so much but sorting out the bin (both emptying and the occasional wash) is such a naff job, anything which makes it painless ends up paying for itself in both the convenience - and that it doesn't fall apart in 6 months.

Comment

There was a particular Brabantia bin I really wanted that was wide with a flat back and stretched round front as one of our dentists has it as their general waste bin. It was 3 figures though and I could only find similar ones not exactly the one I wanted.

Seriously though the bin we have now is fantastic. It was a nightmare to put together originally but its made the daftest things so much easier.
              When people discuss about 'small' things that can make a big difference spending a bit more on I always say kitchen knives, a bin and get a Henry rather than any other 'cheap' vacuum cleaner, invest in something that's pretty brilliant on its own.

Comment

Henry vacuums are great value for money as they last decades without much bother and if you do manage to eventually break it, they readily sell all the parts. The thing that says it all to me is that you can go into a showroom full of super-expensive Dysons and overpriced Sharks and whoever does the cleaning there will inevitably use a Henry. They just do what they're meant to do without any real hassle or grief.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                  Henry vacuums are great value for money as they last decades without much bother and if you do manage to eventually break it, they readily sell all the parts. The thing that says it all to me is that you can go into a showroom full of super-expensive Dysons and overpriced Sharks and whoever does the cleaning there will inevitably use a Henry. They just do what they're meant to do without any real hassle or grief.

To save you clicking;
                  "People will have different experiences of products...
                  Moved into the house twenty years ago we brought the Vax with us from the flat, the wife soon destroyed it
                  Bought a no name supermarket one, within a year destroyed.
                  Bought a Samsung, probably lasted a year, she managed to wear away the metal on the brush head!
                  Bought a Panny, same thing as the Samsung she managed to wear right through the metal on the brush head. Bought a spare brush head from Panasonic and you know what's coming, she destroyed that too.
                  Bought a Dyson DC22 fifteen years ago, and it's proven wife-proof, still going A1 with no need to buy any new parts.
                  Five years ago got a cordless Vax, it lasted until this year, head had its wheels ripped off, brush bar action broken, attach point to the main unit broken, battery life poor.
                  We binned the Vax and got a Dyson V15 Detect cordless in March, bloody brilliant, more power on economy mode than the Vax had on boost, on full power it sounds like an aero engine and the torque on the brush bar has to be seen to be believed, you can make lines in the carpet if you do opposite ways like the grass on a footy field, battery lasts ages too. So far so good, by the sound of it she did a full blown drop test with it today but it's still alive.

I used a Henry when I was in retail forty years ago it it was ****e, utter ****e. Wife uses one at work and she says the same thing - I don't know if it is still alive though. Had the bathroom done in the summer and the builders used one, it took them ages clearing up with the thing every day, I went round with the Dyson after they had gone home to finish off the job properly.

Miele look good though, we almost got one but plumped for the Dyson."

Plus I would add that Henry's are used more as management won't dig deep for something of better quality.

Comment

Our Dyson is 13 years old and still works fine, even if I forget to wash the filters more than twice a year.

Comment

The first Dyson we purchased over 10 years ago was great and when we decided to pick up a cordless one 2 years ago, we gave our old one to a family member who's vacum had packed up. Their Dyson is still going strong and our 2 year old one is great.

Although I get the a fool is soon parted with their money sentiment, sometimes more can be better. I always subscribe to get something of decent quality relative to what you can afford, if you use it a lot. Whether that's a Sofa, washing machine, bed...

Comment

I sold my vacuum.

It was just gathering dust...

Comment

Is.... QC the last Mod on the site?

Comment

So there are regular, random parts of the Moon that light up for hours on end, and we don't have a worthwhile theory??
                            Your telling me that through the entire space race when all eyes were on the Moon for a decade, no one properly investigated these lights in case it interfered or endangered the Apollo missions??

Comment

Clangers

Comment

Working...
                              X