New Year's Gaming Resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year's Gaming Resolutions

Maybe you wanna finally get through your backlog, spend less on games, not give them quite so much time, put a stop to collecting. Whatever it is, this is the place to set it in stone.

Me, I wanna be a bit more selective. Played quite a few games last year that I didn't enjoy. Fell for a lot of hype. Gonna try and cut down on that this year. Devote more time to playing my existing games which I know I enjoy, and less time playing new games on the off-chance they're good. It means I'll miss out on some gems, of course, but if that's the price for avoiding a few turkeys then so be it. I only want the cream.

I want to get through some of my backlog this year too, specifically playing some of those titles enough to know if they're going to stick or not. First casualty has been Yakuza on PS2; never could get into the series so decided to try the first one... Just don't think it's going to grab me.

Xenosaga Ep 1 is next.

Comment

Play some.

Comment

Finish more than 5.

Comment

Not make 4K jokes when anyone talks about New Year Resolutions.

Comment

To stop yelling "you think it's a game??!?!" and barking twice when folks ask me if I wish to play.

Comment

To have a hiatus on buying games until Christmas time at least and actually play the games I already have. There is a reason a backlog exists and that's because I keep adding to it. I've plenty to keep myself going all year.

Comment

During the previous year and an bit, I’ve tried to avoid building up a backlog by having a strict rule of not opening new, sealed games until the current on-the-go games are complete. I will stick to this plan. It seems to work.

I intend to buy less random retro games and more targeted, sought-after retro games. Quality over quantity, and all that.

I want to buy less download-only games. Very rarely do they get enough play (Neo Turf Masters on the Switch being a rare exception), and I don’t really like buying software that doesn’t have a physical component.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                  Fell for a lot of hype.
                  Do you mean hype in the media or opinions on here Zen? I know you weren't keen on Nier Automata and Firewatch (two games I absolutely love and probably posted favourably about) ... but opinions on here are just that, not necessarily hype.

Comment

Play at least two games to completion.
                    Is that a daring goal?!

Comment

Same as most, to spend less on games and to complete a higher number of games than I did last year. Not going well so far, the last few things I've tried were so disengaging I quit them but backlog is king this year.

Comment

To limit videogame spending significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                          To limit videogame spending significantly.
                          It would be harder for you to spend more!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            It would be harder for you to spend more!
                            Divorce is more expensive

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Do you mean hype in the media or opinions on here Zen? I know you weren't keen on Nier Automata and Firewatch (two games I absolutely love and probably posted favourably about) ... but opinions on here are just that, not necessarily hype.
                              All hype. Media hype, the hype on here, and the hype my mind generates. I've noticed if I haven't played a new game for a few weeks I start talking myself into buying a game I previously dismissed,

Comment

Working...
                              X