User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Ahhhh. Get higher, baby!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Paleboy PSN ID: paleboy1970 Steam ID: paleboy
    @Brad: what's with the "x" ? This is not mumsnet!

I believe that was the kiss of death to console gamers.

I prefer 60fps but 30fps isn't a game ruiner and I only really notice how bad 30fps looks after coming straight from a 60fps game. For that reason jumping from the Switch to the PS4 is usually quite jarring but it doesn't take long to adjust to the lesser frame rate.

I canít even tell the difference, I genuinely have no clue how people know what the rate is. As long as it plays ok I donít care.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Since playing on my new 120hz monitor in now think 60fps isn't enough! Skyrim looks very nice at 120fps. J/k 60fps is perfectly fine. Depends on the game as always x
    Doesn't Skyrim's physics engine **** the bed on anything above 60fps?

Quote Originally Posted by dataDave View Post
    Some games do freak out if the fps goes too high. The animations in Guild Wars 1 stutter if you don't lock the framerate (the game's so old and was always performant, so it wants to run at something like 400/500 FPS these days if you let it).

1080p 60fps should be a mandatory standard now pushed by the console makers. However, it seems most devs cant even be arsed with a solid 30fps, let alone 60.

MGS5 achieves this on base ps4, so its obviously dooable, the pro & onex should be deff be mandatory 1080p 60fps without fail.

Quote Originally Posted by dataDave View Post
    Stupidly high frame rates have been breaking some weapons in Destiny2 PC i hear, so going too high is also an issue for devs it seems.

It would be great if 60fps became mandatory on consoles. Games are vastly improved over 30fps presentation. The recent Gears of War 4 patch shows the difference it makes.
    Even the added difference in temporal resolution with the extra screen updates makes games look better at 60fps. As we head into the 4K era that’s going to become more important.

Surely some sort of 1080p/ 60FPS "seal of quality" on game boxes by Sony/MS would shift games, too.