No announcement yet.

A console that you missed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only PlayStation I’ve owned is the PS3, only have four physical games for it as well. So PS1 and PS2 I’ve missed out on. Never owned any of the Xboxes either, in fact I’ve only ever played on the original Xbox (a friend had one). Missed out on owning the Dreamcast too, looked a potential flop early on (TBH) so I was happy enough to play my friends’ Dreamcasts rather than invest in one myself. It was good fun, some very enjoyable games, felt like an arcade machine in the home when that still meant something.

Comment

I've missed quite a few, aside from a Grandstand I've only had PS/PS3/PS4, Xbox, Gamecube, SNES and Dreamcast. Daughter has a WiiU but haven't played on it.

I quite fancy a PS2 and Saturn at some point as well as a 360, probably when gaming goes all digital I'll dive into retro.

Comment

Looking back there's not many I've either not owned or not had access to.
        There's a couple I avoided at first and picked up several years down the line like the SNES and PS1 but most of the time I'm able to play each format early on. Off the top of my head there's the Jaguar and Master System as the main two I never owned and to be honest I've never felt the need to. I've played most of the games via other formats and means in subsequent years or via friends at the time but the Jaguar speaks for itself and I always vastly preferred the NES to the MS. Beyond that you're really getting into retro land

Comment

I've never owned a Neo Geo in any way shape form or incarnation. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever even played on one outside of a bit of emulation as it generally seemed to be a platform full of off brand clones of more popular titles (cue pitchforks) to my adolescent brain and for that kind of loot I'd rather have bought a Supergun and did it right if I wanted the whole arcade at home experience. One of the isometric racing games was a lot of fun though.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
            I've never owned a Neo Geo in any way shape form or incarnation. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever even played on one outside of a bit of emulation as it generally seemed to be a platform full of off brand clones of more popular titles (cue pitchforks) to my adolescent brain
            That's funny, because I had the polar opposite experience. As a kid who grew up around arcades, I always associated the SNK brand with something akin to "the genuine article" whereas I saw other titles as knock-offs.

In the end neither of us are right, but it's true that as a kid you tend to latch onto stuff like that.

Comment

Working...
            X