HD out of an old Xbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HD out of an old Xbox?

Just reconnected my OG Xbox up to my TV using the advanced SCART cable I used to use and have switched it to NTSC using Enigmah but can't seem to find any option to enable HD output in the standard MS dash? XBMC is also drawing a blank as there is no video options in there. Do you need a component cable or something?

Yes, you need a component cable. I have a spare third party one I can sell for £10 delivered shipped on Monday although you may find them cheaper - They're readily available for £3-5 quid on ebay.

Comment

Ah, scrotacious. I had a feeling that might be the case. Does the component cable make a hugely noticeable difference to the output as it looks like a very soft, slightly blurry mess via SCART. That said those freaking controllers feel so marshmallow like these days and its uber noisy compared to the PS4 Slim so I may as well just put it back as I'd only got it out to remove that capacitor folks were talking about and have a quick spin of Outrun.

Comment

The original Xbox is well known for it's blur, some of the soft mods allow you to change the blur rate for each game by default the Xbox has a 1-5 range and remove or adjusting it. One of the soft modes has that feature inbuilt but I can't remember which.

Comment

If it was me, for how much they are I'd certainly recommend using component over scart if it's a modern TV.

Emulators etc look a lot better via the HD modes too if that's worth swaying it. I've personally had good luck with the cheaper components for the original xbox.

Comment

If you have a vga connection on your tv (or use a crt monitor), I can strongly recommend this

Alternatively the official Xbox component pack/leads are your best bet

Comment

Tried in vain to get a VGA cable for the xbox, searches always came up with 360 cables.

recent search came up with this...
              Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                Alternatively the official Xbox component pack/leads are your best bet
                Agreed, although the Monster cables are also decent and probably about the same price these days. Try to avoid the £3-5 eBay options.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                  Tried in vain to get a VGA cable for the xbox, searches always came up with 360 cables.

recent search came up with this...
                  http://www.bordersdown.net/threads/1...l-Xbox-and-VGA
                  You can transcode the component to vga (that’s what I do). It’s getting harder to to pick them up, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmotta View Post
                    Agreed, although the Monster cables are also decent and probably about the same price these days. Try to avoid the £3-5 eBay options.
                    Where do you find them at a decent price as the official component cables are uber expensive and the Monster ones aren't far off plus you have to import them from the states on eBay.

I did find this though:

Comment

Working...
                    X