No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid 2 is not a very good game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed the magazines that went back and rescored GTA3 higher when they realised how popular it was, that was a nice marker on what to stop reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      I enjoyed the magazines that went back and rescored GTA3 higher when they realised how popular it was, that was a nice marker on what to stop reading.
      Yup. So much revisionism with this title on all fronts.

Comment

I hope we get another game with the same kind of impact as GTA3. Was so good picking it up on release with pretty low expectations and not thinking much of it and then being utterly smitten with it over the course of the first night. Just having a game come out of nowhere and become such an utter love affair... and then a few months later find out the next entry is imminent

Rather than these days where you know about the game five years in advance (if it gets made at all) and then it turns out to be a fairly bland meh experience

Comment

I know what you mean SF. The lead time on the development of games these days can make being a fan feel like a gruelling experience at times. With the recent resurfacing of old posts, I found myself looking back at posts from early 2015 in the Skyrim First Play. There's a post by me saying that I can't wait for TES 6, even though I know it's probably years away. Haha! And now it's 2018 and I know nothing more than I did then about it!

At least they Yakuza games get churned out one after the other to a good standard. It seems like with most of the games I really enjoy, I'm looking at about a 5 to 8 year waiting period between entries!

Comment

Thats one of the downsides of the net with its constant dripfeed of information and folks being hungry for clicks. At least MGS2 was right about being saturated in inane media details...

Comment

Crickey I remember the hype for hype for SOL. My local CEX in London wouldn't but copies of zone of the enders unless it had the MGS2 demo disc in the box. Gamespot ran a completion to go to the press launch at the contemporary arts place on the mall. I won! got to meet the big man and got a press pack signed (he also signed my PS1 game)
              I`ll try and dig it out and post a pic.

As for the game...... who the feck is Raiden!

Comment

Working...
              X