Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it, I think it's a fantastic product for little kids and families with children. Any kid who likes video games and loves arts-and-crafts will be all over for it. I built robots out of cardboard as a child; I would've loved to control videogames with what I'd built.

It's also possibly the most "out there" technology thing I've seen in ages, in that it's both high-tech and low-tech and I could never have guessed what it would be.

It's not for me, but I hope it sells well.

Comment

My heart sank like a stone as soon as the vid showed the cardboard models.

Then it hits the bit where the music picks up and it shows model foot pedals, steering wheels, helmets etc using the Joycons and Switch in sync with the models and it won me over. Just may be another quietly genius idea that could be really useful for games without the need for expensive peripherals.

Comment

Wow. Really cool. Nintendo always think outside the box (. )(. )

Has a lego kinda vibe to it.

How does it work? Is Labo a game with addons or is it a peripheral option for all devs?

Comment

AWESOME!!!!!!

Comment

Great until, in a fit of rage, you stamp on the cardboard model and then can't get a replacement because Nintendo haven't made enough.

And "supply issues" won't wash if this is popular because it's poxy cardboard!!

(I'm sold by the way! !!)

Comment

At least that's the analogue triggers sorted for Gamecube VC/F-Zero GX.

Comment

Sony: "Gee, Microsoft's new machine sure has a lot of computer performance..."

Microsoft: *looks smug*

Nintendo: "We'll sell them cardboard and make them use their imagination."

Comment

It made me smile too much for it not to be a hit.

Comment

Well I think its an amazing idea which will motivate kids to play more and learn some basic model making and mechanics in the process.
                    The only down side is the price, and I hope they are using recycled materials.

Comment

I don't get it. What is it exactly? How did sliding a joycon into the side of the cardboard piano make the Switch become a piano?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        I don't get it. What is it exactly? How did sliding a joycon into the side of the cardboard piano make the Switch become a piano?
                        I think the IR receiver on the red JoyCon measures how far away the key being pressed is so knows which note to play...maybe...?

Comment

Out in Europe on 27th April.

3 days before my birthday. My parents always moan I don't ask for anything fun for my birthday.

Variety set it is!!

Comment

Guy was playing chords. Can't see IR being able to handle that.

Advert looks REALLY cool I must say! However, I reckon it'll be awful in reality, like when you tried to make the Blue Peter projects as a kid, plus Nintendo have seriously overestimated the durability of cardboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Advert looks REALLY cool I must say! However, I reckon it'll be awful in reality, like when you tried to make the Blue Peter projects as a kid, plus Nintendo have seriously overestimated the durability of cardboard.
                              I don't know. There are snippets of the user experience throughout that trailer with the 3D instructions that you can interact with, and it looks like they've totally nailed it. I just hope the replacement cardboard is easy and cheap to source.

I want to buy it for my 4 month old son for when he's old enough... but then what are they going to come out with in five/six/seven years time? I used to love building stuff with my granddad, if I could go back in time and build light guns or fishing rods to play games with that would have been wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                I don't know. There are snippets of the user experience throughout that trailer with the 3D instructions that you can interact with, and it looks like they've totally nailed it. I just hope the replacement cardboard is easy and cheap to source.

I want to buy it for my 4 month old son for when he's old enough... but then what are they going to come out with in five/six/seven years time? I used to love building stuff with my granddad, if I could go back in time and build light guns or fishing rods to play games with that would have been wonderful.
                                The official stuff will be well expensive I reckon. I hate being the naysayer for things like this as it's a great idea. I just don't trust the execution. Hope I'm extremely wrong. It's of zero interest to me but it could be really cool for those with kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X