This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Honestly, I have a sneaky suspicion Virtual Console as we know it is dead.
    You're probably right.

Comment

I love this Labo idea but I cannot imagine how on Earth I would justify strapping on a cardboard robot costume to the missus and ever expect her to take me seriously again!

If I had kids though it would be a different story!

Comment

The robot one looks like it's aimed at teenagers. The contraption looks crazy complex inside, almost Technic Lego standard compared to the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          Honestly, I have a sneaky suspicion Virtual Console as we know it is dead.
          I'll say again (as it was lost in the purge), I think Nintendo have made the judgement that they won't gain enough from a VC to bother. They gain almost nothing from providing a VC on the Switch that lets you play your already-purchased games. That's just them doing a load of work for little profit, and potentially taking time and earnings away from newer games they could release.

The online service they're putting together is going to resolve this I bet. It's a guess, but I think they're going to do a kind of weekly thing, where one week will be a customised version of SNES F-Zero, with a temporal leaderboard that only lasts for that one week. Then the next week is a different game with a different community activity, and so on. The intent is to make it less like the "free games" of PSPlus and more like being part of a kind of Nintendo club. It's conceptually a bit like some of the stuff that was trialed in the 90s on the 8-and-16-bit consoles, or features of the 64DD. In essence it's Splatoon's splatfests or the "Nintendo Championships" from E3 a couple of years ago, widened to a global community activity.

This, to me, seems to be what Nintendo have been working towards with the fragments of info we've seen and some of the stuff they've done.

Comment

At least we know where Project Giant Robo went.

Comment

Comment

Bad news re: port quality of Zero Gunner 2 - link

Comment

Great you can download templates and DIY... Be interesting to see how popular it'll be once the gimmick has worn off.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    That made for some ugly reading, but thanks mate. My niece really wants a Switch, I’m just going to give her mine at this point.

Comment

That's a shame; from the sounds of the tweets, it may be beyond patching.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        Ahahahahaha!

Comment

Well that's disappointing. I was reading there that apparently Zerodiv have acknowledged it's not faithful to the original game, but because it's not actually a port and they had to create it from scratch. Wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                            Well that's disappointing. I was reading there that apparently Zerodiv have acknowledged it's not faithful to the original game, but because it's not actually a port and they had to create it from scratch. Wtf?
                            Wow. If it's that ropey/inaccurate why did they even bother? What kind of reaction did they expect?

Disappointing news ... I was really looking forward to it *

* and I'm not buying another Dreamcast (checks availability and prices) ...

Comment

Has anyone here played Phantom Breaker? It looks like weeb Guardian Heroes, which could be good.

Comment

I did on the X360. Not really impressed by it, there should be a thread around.

Comment

Working...
                                X