User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Might as well throw Miley Cyrus into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    The whole current discussion about Oprah potentially considering running for President in 2020 which, though it's come up before, has surged following her brief speech at the Golden Globes winds me with despair.

America needs to get over this fixation with making the Presidents role a TV Celeb contest, they've learnt nothing and if a suitably experienced front running contender cannot come forward from the parties own ranks then Americas darkest days likely still lie ahead.
    This is a daft story though; it's complete non-news. Oprah never said she should run; the host of the Golden Globes made a joke that she should run, given that we already have a TV celeb as president.

This led to Twitter chatter about it and then some news outlets have run with "there is hubbub about Oprah running for president".

Meanwhile: https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...a7d7&tid=sm_tw

The White House is struggling to contain the national discussion about President Trump’s mental acuity and fitness for the job

Quote Originally Posted by MartyG View Post
    The fact that no one asked that BEFORE they gave him the job is the bigger question.

If he was put through even the most basic test of mental health hed not get anywhere near a set of toxin free crayons let alone put in charge of a country.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 09-01-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyG View Post
    So, anyone read Fire and Fury yet? I'm a couple of chapters in. Worth a read so far.
    I have this to read, but if it's just going to tell me Trump is an idiot, doesn't know what he's doing and those around him don't know either, I'm not going to learn anything new and might read something else!

Quote Originally Posted by QualityChimp View Post
    "Doesn't he look tired."
    "You ok, hon?"

Quote Originally Posted by QualityChimp View Post
    I have this to read, but if it's just going to tell me Trump is an idiot, doesn't know what he's doing and those around him don't know either, I'm not going to learn anything new and might read something else!
    There's more to it than that.

I'm reading it at the mo. Not terribly impressed with it so far, I've not really learned anything (other than that Jared Kushner is apparently an internet unitarian minister). It's a sort of loosely strung together series of anecdotes.

I'm only about 1/4 of the way through, so I eagerly await some good stuff.

The audiobook is 11 hours, 55 minutes and 42 seconds long.
    Do I really want to dedicate half a day to infuriating myself?!