No announcement yet.

America's Darkest Days II: Blackest Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a clash of egos that won't even stop once Trump is out of office, over the coming few years the closer we get to the end of Putin's end of term the more America will front up to try and push Russia back a few steps whilst Putin is out of office and the country reenters a holding pattern. Not that Putin cares, the guy is first and foremost about taking care of his own money and business and he's set for life though I expect despite being in advancing years by 2030 I still wouldn't rule him out of going for it again, he's too power focused.

Whenever he's properly done though, that's when things will really get tough there

Comment

Speaking of Trump though, NYT reports of another instance he tried to get Mueller fired

Comment

Clearly the actions of a man with nothing to hide.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
          Probably doesn't belong in here, maybe the russian thread? but it pretty clear the establishment wants war in syria, the absolute state of all of america news networks left and right banging the drum to drop **** ton of bombs based on zero evidence and reaks of the same tactics pulled last year which resulted in the airfield getting bombed which as of 2 months ago UN still doesn't know who did it.
          The trouble with this fake news business is it muddies the waters to the point where it makes it far more difficult to know what is true and what is fake.

Is this a faked fake video in response to the White Helmets video to try and show the chemical attacks were faked? I don't know & I can't tell as there are liars everywhere.

What is clear is that there's a definite war drum beat going on at the moment. One thing we know for sure is that Western governments want Assad removed from power and we know they have form for doing this in other countries - and that isn't a conspiracy theory.
          Last edited by MartyG; 11-04-2018, 07:36.

Comment

Going to war in Syria is a mistake. Both the government and the opposition have done terrible things and no-one could be considered the moral choice. I hate what I'm seeing but I'm just not sure what could be done. I don't think any good can come out of an invading force.

Comment

Feels inevitable though, even if they avoid it this time out any repeated instances are going to escalate us there and then we have to repeat the same years long issues all over again because there's never any follow up to decimating a country and Russia will, in the end, back down because they have an incredibly loud and vicious bark but not the bite to hold the line.

Comment

Money loves a good war.

Comment

Yup, Trump is trying to start a war. This explains why he appointed John Bolton recently.

Comment

I can't read anything to do with this and Russia without feeling it's largely a push to try and convince that he couldn't possibly be in Russia's pockets ala the investigation

Comment

That thought did cross my mind.

Trump is now considering firing Rosenstein (Attorney General) according to WH sources: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...ort-2018-04-11 - this is, of course, a pretext to firing Mueller. WH sources also saying now that Trump is considering backing out of agreeing to an interview with Mueller.

Why is this clown President of the USA - this is a question that scholars will write dissertations on for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        That thought did cross my mind.

Trump is now considering firing Rosenstein (Attorney General) according to WH sources: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...ort-2018-04-11 - this is, of course, a pretext to firing Mueller. WH sources also saying now that Trump is considering backing out of agreeing to an interview with Mueller.

Why is this clown President of the USA - this is a question that scholars will write dissertations on for years to come.
                        Gives up saying “hate to say I told you so”.

Sigh.

Comment

His latest tweet is hilarious. The man is clinically insane, I have no doubt about it.

Comment

Must be a strategy

Riam Dalati, a BBC Foreign News Producer who covers Syria posted a tweet on twitter that was later deleted questioning the current Douma situation - the account has now been made private https://twitter.com/Dalatrm

It claimed that at least one of the photos coming out of Douma is staged - a screen grab apparently exists but given the account is private it's now impossible to confirm its authenticity: https://twitter.com/ShoebridgeC/stat...024768/photo/1 - not much context to go with it though.

Apparently original archived: http://archive.is/lK0t9

** Trigger warning, photos of dead children in the links above - just so folks know.
                            Last edited by MartyG; 12-04-2018, 13:38.

Comment

Syria latest: Donald Trump remains vague on possible US response to chemical attack, while Theresa May believed to have laid out Britain’s next steps

Macron has said that France has proof that Assad was behind the Syrian chemical attack

Comment

I tend to think of proof in the scientific sense. I suspect thought that France's proof will be more along the lines of "Oh come on! It MUST be them what did it!"

Comment

Working...
                                X