Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryu and Sakura coming to MH ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Monster Hunter: World Ships 5 Million Units!
      - Sets series record for most units shipped in first three days.

Comment

OK, I've created a First Play thread here:
        Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Let's keep this thread reserved for news and announcements and the other thread for advice on the game and posting our opinions of it.

Cheers, chums.

Comment

Capcom aren't totally ruling out Monster Hunter on the Switch, but it's proving difficult to port:

In a recent Toyo Keizai interview, Capcom president Haruhiro Tsujimoto was asked about bringing Monster Hunter: World to the Switch.
          Monster Hunter: World is a smash hit. But the game is currently only playable on the PS4 and Xbox One. Wouldn’t it be great to play it on a system you could carry around? You know, like the Nintendo Switch? That, Capcom says, would not be easy.

“We’re aware of that request,” Tsujimoto told Toyo Keizai, adding that Capcom has already ported Nintendo 3DS game Monster Hunter XX to the Switch. “However, taking into account various conditions, bringing Monster Hunter: World now for release is difficult. The reason is that the Switch has different functions from other stationary consoles as well as different players.”

“Each game console as its own characteristic, and it’s necessary that we, as game makers, adapt to that when making [a game],” Tsujimoto explained. This doesn’t mean Capcom is ruling out another Monster Hunter for the Switch, even if Tsujimoto didn’t explicitly say Monster Hunter: World.

“From now on,” he added, “we’re looking at how we can support the Switch with our games, and that also includes Monster Hunter.”

Comment

Out of interest, does anyone here have any Monster Hunter figures? Would love to see.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
              Out of interest, does anyone here have any Monster Hunter figures? Would love to see.
              Monster Hunter: World has sold over six million copies.

It's Capcom's fastest selling game ever, beating any Resident Evil, Street Fighter or Mega Man title.

It's been No. 1 for three weeks and Media Create blames MH:W for Dynasty Warriors 9 only shifting 60% of its predecessor.

Wait.

Do you mean sales figures or model figures?! :P

There are some cool monster figures coming out soon in various packs. AmiAmi have pre-orders"

There are Pop! figures:

Plushies:

Nendoroid:

I'm personally hoping there'll be some new Revoltech figures!

Comment

Yeah I meant to toys. But by Jove, those sales figures are impressive.

The monsters look great but they're a bit expensive.

Comment

Ideally, I'd want some cheap little Gachapon.

Comment

Monster Hunter Film Adaptation Will Begin Production In September

"Fans of Monster Hunter will be excited to learn that Constantin Film, the Resident Evil series’ production company, will begin working on its film adaptation later this year in September.

Variety reports that the production company will be rejoined by many who have worked on the Resident Evil series. Paul W.S. Anderson is slated to direct and has been working on Monster Hunter’s screenplay. Milla Jovovich will be starring, and Jeremy Bolt will be a producer as well. Even the movie’s special effects are set to be done by visual effects studio Mr. X who also worked on the Resident Evil franchise.

The film currently has a budget of $60 million and will be filmed around South Africa near Cape Town according to Variety. Constantin’s CEO, Martin Moszkowicz, stated that the production company is in the last stages of negotiations to partner with two “big” companies in Japan and China. They will both take equity in the project, but beyond that, Constantin Film will finance the project on its own.

Moszkowicz also added that Monster Hunter is envisioned as a film series by saying, “We are in the business of brand creation.”

Japanese publisher Capcon released the first game in the wildly popular Monster Hunter franchise back in 2004. Recently, they announced that as of March 31st, they had shipped 7.9 million units of Monster Hunter World, the latest in the series, making it their best selling game ever."

I really fancy Milla Jovovich, but Anderson is terrible for nepotism in the workplace!

Comment

And just like that they take away all that MH World good will they generated

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        I really fancy Milla Jovovich, but Anderson is terrible for nepotism in the workplace!
                        Husband-wife duo.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                          Husband-wife duo.
                          I know, mate!

nepotism
                          ˈnɛpətɪz(ə)m/
                          noun: nepotism
                          • the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

Comment

I take it that Milla Jovovich's Monster Hunter film character will be like Alice Abernathy in the Resi films ie. unplayable in the games/not part of the canon?

Comment

Probably, that and she'll take down a dragon with a slow motion flying kick to the face

Comment

I hope we only see her face for the first 10 minutes, then she forges new armour and it's all stunt double from then on.

Comment

Working...
                                X