No announcement yet.

Massive Fail. Really sorry. Please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done for getting it back up at all.... Sounds like a nightmare. Don't shed to many tears either, most of what we post is crap anyway and collectively we all remember what we were talking about last year.

Look on the bright side, you've already got a new year's resolution sorted.

Comment

Yeah I'll get blues sorted from emails

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        Yeah I'll get blues sorted from emails
        Glad to see it's back up and running and that backup you used work.Had to log in via my old password, so I'll fix that and delete some now undeleted PM. Just the banned people you need to remember and any new member might be an idea to sticky a topic for member after March 2016. By the way charlesr are you aware unlogged in members can't read the Rules forum?

Comment

No, didn't realise. They could see it but not see content. Now fixed. Thanks

There's a bunch of other stuff I did too like sprucing up the mobile header and onboarding process. But that can wait for a bit.

Comment

That means we've lost the Star Wars thread. The internet is slightly better for it

Comment

I actually prefer this banner image compared to the last one but am weeping at my PS3/360 best of threads having been absorbed into the ether but fear not for seek and ye shall find.

Comment

Well that's one less bug on the site, I always thought it was a little strange non-logged in members couldn't read the posts, sorry should have flagged it earlier. Any luck in find the source of the crash and failed backup ups? I'm guessing the two were most likely linked.

Forum is a lot quicker now and I think some of us members should have picked up on the fact it slowed down and have reported it soon. As I'm guessing that was just one of the issues caused by the error. If it slows down again I'll flag it, it's bugging me we haven't got to the source of the issues as it could rear its head again. Might be an idea to manually check some of the backups file from time to time, seems odd the software you checked the backups with wasn't flagging the errors, so might be time to also try a new program.

Comment

If there are voids...then let us fill them!!!!

Every hole...is a goal.

Comment

Well done for getting everything back and running Charles!
                    Don't worry, 2018 can only get better!

Comment

I did wonder if it was to do with the incoming GDPR regulations.

Comment

Yay finally got to log in, password reset was not working as put it through few hours ago but it just came through

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                          Yay finally got to log in, password reset was not working as put it through few hours ago but it just came through
                          Yeah, I saw you pop into IRC, and saw your second signup (which I've deleted), so remembered the forum had moved server since 2016, so the email server IP address was different. Should be fixed now.

Comment

By the way @charlesr is there a limit to the number of Notifications a user can have? As I had been stacking mine previously, never bothered to read and had about 200 and I was also curious as to if it might screw up my account. I'm not the biggest poster on the forum. I wondered if some people had much higher numbers? Really it should cut off at around 50-100 and delete the older ones and not continue to stack.

Wouldn't be surprised if some users got about 100 per day or more and I know not everyone uses notifications either, so I wouldn't be surprised is some people had 999+
                            Last edited by S3M; 06-01-2018, 16:45.

Comment

I'm not aware of any limit or cut off. What you suggest sounds sensible, but I doubt vbulletin has thought about it.

Comment

I can't believe that all my insightful posts have been lost! How will anyone know what a stable genius I was over the last two years?!

Comment

Working...
                                X