PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    Seems Valve haven't turned enough servers on again.
    Yep. Can't even get onto that game. Got to customise my Alien and that was it. And can't even get the store page to load...sigh.

Comment

I used to get excited for the old Zavvi mega monday sales. £17.99 for a game that came out in the last few months. Now I see games I want on Steam sale for a fiver and I'm like, nah that's way too much.

Comment

I just snagged DOOM and GTA5. Both for around 26 euros.

Downloading Redux for GTA5 now.

Comment

I'm staying the **** away from Steam right now.

Comment

Seems to have settled down now. I've picked up most of the Pinball FX tables I didn't already have where they're 50% off.

Frostpunk was another I was interested in, but it's £7 cheaper on CD Keys at the moment.

Comment

You know you're too experienced in Steam when the fifth consecutive sale arrives and you still buy nothing.

Comment

I've picked up most of the Pinball FX tables I didn't already have where they're 50% off.
                Oh. You've given me an idea.

I remember from this 'era thread that all Bally/Williams tables are disappearing from all platforms due to licensing issues.

And looking at Steam I've picked up some free Pinball FX tables from Humble or somewhere. So I already have Walking Dead, Marvel Originals/Chronicles, Star Wars/Balance of..., Zen Classics, Core and Iron & Steel.

Apart from that are there any others packs I should consider?
                Also is Pinball FX 3 the best pinball platform?
                Last edited by Digfox; 22-06-2018, 09:35.

Comment

Picked up UMvC3 for £7.99. Worth it just to see if I can do my crappy Dante combos still. lol

Oh and KoFXIII I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Mgear View Post
                    Apart from that are there any others packs I should consider?
                    Also is Pinball FX 3 the best pinball platform?
                    The Balls of Glory and Bethesda packs are decent, most of the Marvel tables are worth a look. You can try all the tables before you buy, so the best thing is just to give them a go before you buy. The issue with most of these themed packs like the Star Wars ones is that they don't use the real dialog or actors for the voices and they don't sound quite right.

Downside with Pinball FX is that they aren't real life tables, but then they've allowed tables to go cross platform (Xbox 360 -> Xbox 1, PS3 -> PS4), which Pinball Arcade didn't allow and the cost of PA ownership just got ridiculous if you wanted all the tables, now they've lost the licences Pinball FX is definitely the better platform IMO.

Comment

The Balls of Glory and Bethesda packs are decent, most of the Marvel tables are worth a look. You can try all the tables before you buy, so the best thing is just to give them a go before you buy. The issue with most of these themed packs like the Star Wars ones is that they don't use the real dialog or actors for the voices and they don't sound quite right.

Downside with Pinball FX is that they aren't real life tables, but then they've allowed tables to go cross platform (Xbox 360 -> Xbox 1, PS3 -> PS4), which Pinball Arcade didn't allow and the cost of PA ownership just got ridiculous if you wanted all the tables, now they've lost the licences Pinball FX is definitely the better platform IMO.
                      Cheers for the reply and helpful advice. I'll have to reinstall the game and try it out.

Btw when you say cross platform does that mean I can use PC purchased tables on the XBO or PS4 version, or as I think you meant - the game allowed 360 or PS3 users to take their previous purchases with them to the respective successor consoles?

Comment

You definitely can't go cross storefronts as Zen said they were not allowed to do so (in that they wanted to be able to enable this) so Steam / Xbox / PSN won't work. I've never checked to see if Pinball FX is in the Windows store, that'd probably cross over from Xbox.

Comment

Ta again, and understood. I did think you meant you could buy stuff once in the same eco system.

Comment

For those who haven't had the pleasure:

The legendary fighting franchise is back with over-the-top action, a wild cast of combatants, rocking reactive music, and C-C-C-COMBO BREAKERS!!! Choose your ultimate combatants each with fluid animations, unique combat tactics, and enthralling special attacks.

Killer Instinct is on the Steam Sale for £7.49

Comment

12:51pm on a Saturday and getting 'Failed to load game resources...' message on the silly Alien game. Really rubbish service from Valve on this sale.

[MENTION=42]MartyG[/MENTION] Tried Pinball FX3 today quickly. And impressed. Not sure whether I want to buy more tables on PC. Tbh it sounds like Switch is the perfect platform given the horizontal screen support and portability.

Comment

Somebody tell me what to buy in the Steam sale, please. I’m struggling.

Comment

Working...
                                X