No announcement yet.

Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managing a good run through the covenant list, I've forgotten where one is so need to figure that out before moving on to smashing some more bosses, getting more maxed weapons and generally loving this whole game all over again!

Comment

Ha, I left my game unattended for a few mins last night (I know, this is not a game where that is recommended) and when I got back I thought 'that's odd, why is the entrance to the blacksmith covered in fog?' I turned to face Sen's Fortress and there was a Black Phantom stood right behind me, waiting patiently. Such a cool moment.

Bandit's Knife +8 now. What it lacks in range it totally does the job up close ... that backstab is indeed lethal.

Sen's is a bit of a pain with my average bow trying to deal with the lightning casters. But getting to know it, bit by bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Ha, I left my game unattended for a few mins last night (I know, this is not a game where that is recommended) and when I got back I thought 'that's odd, why is the entrance to the blacksmith covered in fog?' I turned to face Sen's Fortress and there was a Black Phantom stood right behind me, waiting patiently. Such a cool moment.

Bandit's Knife +8 now. What it lacks in range it totally does the job up close ... that backstab is indeed lethal.

Sen's is a bit of a pain with my average bow trying to deal with the lightning casters. But getting to know it, bit by bit.
        Now that is jolly gentlemanly combat!! The community really helps to make the game.

Comment

Does anyone still have the Switch version on order like I do? I'm in two minds as to whether to keep it.

Dark Souls on the go is a huge plus but do I really need it??

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
            Does anyone still have the Switch version on order like I do? I'm in two minds as to whether to keep it.

Dark Souls on the go is a huge plus but do I really need it??
            I do. I'm kinda worried how Bandai Namco will manage some of the console's features against game mechanics, but DS on the go is a good enough excuse to have it.
            Anyway, what I'm worried about: DS quits to the title screen if you lose connection. At least it did on the PS3 and as I don't see major changes to how the game works in the Remaster I fear the game will quit to title screen when the Switch goes out of range of a known network.
            What will happen if I press the Home button to suspend the game? Hitting the Home button on original and in Remaster on PS3 and PS4 doesn't suspend the game, so I will always have to quit the game before putting the Switch to sleep?

We'll see.

Comment

I've only played Dark Souls 2. Should I next play DS3 or this?

Comment

DS1 then 3. It's kinda hard going back from DS3 to DS1.

Comment

Cool. Done deal then. Now I just need to prepare my mind and body.

Comment

I agree with earlier comments on the online activity, I played far too late after release on PC and it was deader than dead. Online now is a revelation with working covenants, invasions and jolly co-op. I love helping out peeps with my OP sunlight spears!

Comment

Pretty sure I hit a glitch in Sen's Fortress. I couldn't get the onion knight to talk to me, not even a murmur. I mentioned it to a mate at the weekend and he said you need to talk to him, but now I'm in Anor Londo I see no obvious way back (maybe revisiting would sort the glitch?).

Anyway, onward through AL ... and those two

archer knights

have been making my life hell tonight, what a pain in the ass they are ... but finally got past them. Phew. Need a break now. Get that kettle on ... sweet relief ...

Comment

You can go back to Sen's by retracing your steps to Anor Londo's starting point, the Gargoyles will take you back. However there's a chance Siegmeyer already moved to his next location and you won't be able to complete his storyline.

Comment

Cheers Luca, I think I'll just soldier on. If I make it to NG+ I'll try his storyline again then.

Comment

I set up my PS4 temporarily in the new gaff today. Anyway, it took me about twenty minutes to remember where I left off, but I managed to do Blighttown from the other side and I’m now dual-wielding the Uchigatana and Iaito and rocking the Shadow set again. I then went back to Darkroot to kill Sif and get the Pharis bow, and now I’m just outside of Sen’s with decent stats, so it shouldn’t pose too much of a problem with a bit of luck.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I was getting invaded loads in Anor Londo, and although I wasn't defeated once by a black phantom, their constant meddling was affecting my path to the boss. So I recruited some muscle (summoned two absolute gems) and enjoyed some brilliant co-op. Got a pretty good idea of where I'm going next now I can

warp, woohoo!

... I just need to work out how to kill

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                I was getting invaded loads in Anor Londo, and although I wasn't defeated once by a black phantom, their constant meddling was affecting my path to the boss. So I recruited some muscle (summoned two absolute gems) and enjoyed some brilliant co-op. Got a pretty good idea of where I'm going next now I can

warp, woohoo!

... I just need to work out how to kill
                                To your last spoiler. You need an item. You probably already have it in your inventory so check the descriptions of things!

Comment

Working...
                                X