No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The writers of Infinity War have said they don't envy the Marvel TV shows and the issues they face reflecting the events of the Avengers movies.

This for me will be a pretty key development for the shows continued MCU ties, they have to run dance around the storylines carefully

Comment

British filmmaker Ben Wheatley (“Free Fire,” “High-Rise,” “Kill List”) has long been suggested as a potential candidate to direct a superhero film, but his choices have often been so esoteric that he would see little appeal in something more formulaic like much of that genre is. Then again he has worked well when restricted to […]

Back up a minute... Ben Wheatley and Bob mortimer were in the process of making a Michael Jackson movie??

Comment

The Avengers could do with back up but it looks like we can blame Tony Stark according to Ryan Reynolds:

Comment

I'm wishing we didn't know anything about Avengers 4. Had a good Infinity War theory but I already know it's wrong due to Avengers 4 set photos.

Comment

I do find myself reflecting back on the film a lot, especially when it comes out in background chatter, and I find myself wondering why they didn't alter some of the decisions a little and simply not make Avengers 4. Imagine if the next Avengers was four or five years away and the effects of Infinity War lasted through an entire Phase rather than be addressed in the next concurrent film.

Comment

Snuck up but tomorrow is officially the MCU's 10th Anniversary. Over $15bn in earnings over a decade that encompasses nineteen movies.

On 02 May 2008, Iron Man released paving the first steps towards the success they've enjoyed ever since. There doesn't seem to be much planned on the day but speculation is that in the coming hours Marvel will release a new trailer for Ant Man and the Wasp

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                I do find myself reflecting back on the film a lot, especially when it comes out in background chatter, and I find myself wondering why they didn't alter some of the decisions a little and simply not make Avengers 4. Imagine if the next Avengers was four or five years away and the effects of Infinity War lasted through an entire Phase rather than be addressed in the next concurrent film.
                Yeah there is something to be said for that. However, I have swung back and forth on where we're left. SPOILERS:

Initially I thought it was crazy that they chose the new characters at the end precisely because we know for certain they are coming back. It sucks the drama from it. But then I remembered how the lack of any consequences and permanence in comics and comic movies really bugs me and it would be even worse and even more cheap if I thought the end would stick and then it didn't. It is made better for me somehow by already knowing they will reverse it. It's more honest in a weird way.

Comment

Hopefully A4 has something to it with some permanence to it, it'd be a shame for IW to eventually become just a stepping stone movie rather than remain a defining MCU event,

Just a little bit talking about how IW required last minute changes to address Thor: Ragnarok's tone that caught them off guard and required Thor to be rewritten from the original version that would have seen him continue on the same tone he was in from the first two movies.

Comment

New trailer for Ant Man and the Wasp:

With “Avengers: Infinity War” now playing in cinemas everywhere, those involved have now begun discussions of spoilers regarding the story and how they play out into the next film. MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD The new film ends on a dark cliffhanger, effectively shooting down the talk that next year’s fourth film is very different to the […]

Also, Feige still won't say what Avengers 4 title is but he confirms it's not the speculated one of Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet

Comment

Another toy from Infinity War seems to confirm my speculation about a last minute change to Infinity War which explains a particular dodgy effect.

Comment

No better time than the official tenth anniversary of the MCU to update my Best in Order list:

01 - Guardians of the Galaxy
                        02 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2
                        03 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier
                        04 - Captain America: The First Avenger
                        05 - Captain America: Civil War
                        06 - The Avengers
                        07 - Thor
                        08 - Avengers: Infinity War
                        09 - Black Panther
                        10 - Iron Man 3
                        11 - Ant Man
                        12 - Spider-Man: Homecoming
                        13 - Iron Man
                        14 - Doctor Strange
                        15 - Thor: Ragnarok
                        16 - The Avengers: Age of Ultron
                        17 - The Incredible Hulk
                        18 - Iron Man 2
                        19 - Thor: The Dark World

Comment

I loved IW. The only thing that bothers me is Strange using the portals to terrific effect... why not just teleport Thanos somewhere/time else. That's overthinking it, though, and the trouble with overpowered weapons in general.

Comment

With the Space stone, Thanos could travel back to exactly the same point he was transported from.
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Just got back from Infinity War, so I can finally come back into this thread!

I didn't see that end coming!

Comment

For those that have seen it:

Comment

Working...
                                X