Mame Cabinet - Does anyone have one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ExMosquito View Post
    You're probably having trouble with powerdrift because you're using digital controls for a game that uses an analog steeringwheel. You can tweet the sensitivity in the Mame options. At the moment when you're pressing a direction and it's gradually building up to full-lock, you wanna set the sensitivity in Mame to do an instant full lock.
    Do you mean in the back end of mame or via the tab switches?

Comment

In the tab settings. It makes a world of difference when playing driving games with a joystick.

Comment

I will have a look again. I'm sure I changed the sensitivity and it made no different (I've stuck it to 5 from 100% for games like Arkanoid and Tempest and that makes them completely playable).

Comment

I think there is a fraction of input lag on Darran's cabinet but tbh it's not a big deal. The games just feel much better to play without interlace flicker and with a real stick.

Comment

In the tab settings. It makes a world of difference when playing driving games with a joystick.
            I did try simply changing the settings so they were identical to OutRun's but that didn't seem to work.

Comment

Hmm that's strange. Its a bit crap playing driving games on a stick anyway innit. Play the other few thousand 2D classics instead

Comment

Hmm that's strange. Its a bit crap playing driving games on a stick anyway innit. Play the other few thousand 2D classics instead
                But I need to have Power Drift working, it's the only way I'll ever earn Nakamura's respect :P

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                  I think there is a fraction of input lag...
                  What could be causing that? Surely not the display interface?

Comment

Well I have sorted out the vsynch issues but I can't add the scan lines as my version of mame is older.
                    If I upgrade mame will I have to do anything with maximus (the front end I am using)

Comment

Oh, you're not using a CRT?

Edit: Just read the last page. That explains the lag then.
                      Last edited by dataDave; 14-03-2016, 19:27.

Comment

Let's see some pics of your new cab, Strider

Comment

Working...
                        X