Amazon Japan shipping internationally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Japan shipping internationally

Good news for anyone wanting to import Japnese games. For me great for some Dreamcast stuff and other hard to find goods not on eBay.

Just read bit on the Neogaf part and says only Amazon shipped stuff. Not third party.

From Kotaku below:

Well, here’s a pleasant and unexpected surprise. Via some brave testers at NeoGAF, Amazon Japan has quietly begun allowing customers from outside the country to buy its video games.
    Last edited by JU!; 09-03-2016, 06:13.

Fantastic news, thanks for that.

Comment

Was going to go for a white-and-lime vita, finally - but it comes off as quite expensive. I need to get my skates on though as I think it's obselete now.

Comment

So this is mostly for current gen stuff then since I doubt amazon ships retro goodies?

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
          So this is mostly for current gen stuff then since I doubt amazon ships retro goodies?
          Pretty rare for Amazon to have older stuff still in stock but it sometimes happens but i'd say about 99% of the time it's usually a marketplace seller. The marketplace tends to fluctuate wildly in prices, one day you can see a game for 500 yen and then the next time you look it's shot upto 10,000 then a week later down to 2000, It's totally random lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Was going to go for a white-and-lime vita, finally - but it comes off as quite expensive. I need to get my skates on though as I think it's obselete now.
            Ive got an OLED white one that I could part with if you're interested?

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
              Ive got an OLED white one that I could part with if you're interested?
              Nah, sorry - I'm particularly after the white-and-lime one, and although the OLED ones are better side-by-side, I'm inclined to go with the newer one due to the improved battery life and slightly improved grip.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                Pretty rare for Amazon to have older stuff still in stock but it sometimes happens but i'd say about 99% of the time it's usually a marketplace seller. The marketplace tends to fluctuate wildly in prices, one day you can see a game for 500 yen and then the next time you look it's shot upto 10,000 then a week later down to 2000, It's totally random lol.
                I might have a browse around tonight then just to see. At the very least I should be able to get a better Vita memory card.

Comment

Nah, sorry - I'm particularly after the white-and-lime one, and although the OLED ones are better side-by-side, I'm inclined to go with the newer one due to the improved battery life and slightly improved grip.
                  All good, just thought I'd ask. I didn't like the newer one as it feels very plasticky and toy like plus I've already got the best grips ever for mine:

Why Sony and them just don't make something that feels nice to hold in the first place instead of making folk buy 10 crappy grips to finally find a decent one I don't know.

Comment

Can someone make a list of things worth importing for those interested? Would really appreciate this! Especially for PS4, PS3 and PS Vita Jap only titles

Cheers guys

Comment

Why Sony and them just don't make something that feels nice to hold in the first place instead of making folk buy 10 crappy grips to finally find a decent one I don't know.
                      Horses for courses, but I think Sony manage to balance this stuff pretty well. The nVidia Shield (the original one) is great to hold, but I think it looks hideous.

Comment

Horses for courses, but I think Sony manage to balance this stuff pretty well. The nVidia Shield (the original one) is great to hold, but I think it looks hideous.
                        The Shield actually popped into my mind when I typed my reply Handhelds in general aren't that comfortable (except the GBA) when compared to a controller as they are designed primarily for aesthetics and not comfort. The PSP Go is the worst for this with those razor sharp edges but is still a wonderful console due to its screen and form factor so can't complain.

Comment

The Shield actually popped into my mind when I typed my reply Handhelds in general aren't that comfortable (except the GBA) when compared to a controller as they are designed primarily for aesthetics and not comfort. The PSP Go is the worst for this with those razor sharp edges but is still a wonderful console due to its screen and form factor so can't complain.
                          The basic GBA did fit in the hands very nicely.

I think I'm fortunate though in that I have neither very big nor very small hands, so as a result most controllers/handhelds are fine for me. The only one I ever had trouble with is, as you mention, the PSP-Go, which I bought and took back the next day to exchange for PSP-3000 back-in-the-day.

Comment

I just loaded this thread on the second page and honestly thought I'd clicked the wrong link, well done

Comment

The psp go was so sexy, probably the best looking handheld of all time. Also the most uncomfortable, I ended up taking mine back as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X