No announcement yet.

TLoZ: Twilight Princess HD [WiiU]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some changes will need to be made but I think the gameplay can be modified to use traditional controls, as for the HD treatment if you look at youtube videos of it running in HD on the Dolphin emulator you'll see it doesn't need much work, it looks fantastic.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad they did a HD remake for TP though, as I'm yet to finish this and already finish WW and SS.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
      Some changes will need to be made but I think the gameplay can be modified to use traditional controls, as for the HD treatment if you look at youtube videos of it running in HD on the Dolphin emulator you'll see it doesn't need much work, it looks fantastic.
      I don't disagree with any of this. Skyward Sword's visuals would benefit greatly from an HD remaster if done properly.

I was just asking if people on here think that Wiimote support will be dropped for the NX.

Comment

Unless it's backwards compatible with Wii U games I think they'll drop Wiimote support all together on their next hardware.

Comment

I'd forgotten the majority of the Wii version so have, for the most part, enjoyed playing this again, particularly the dungeons which I feel are the best in the entire series and the fishing hole which is as wonderful as ever, but there's no denying that this is a very lazy remake with no spit and polish. Nintendo have a nerve charging ?35 for it and I feel foolish paying it.

Comment

How would we sum up the port then?

Slightly polished 1080p release? Reading it has rough textures in places...i take it that just means its not up to dolphin standards?

Is it about on par with Wind Waker HD?

Comment

Tbh, Wind Waker feels more polish and looks more like a natural Wii U game.

TP does look occasionally beautiful though.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                Tbh, Wind Waker feels more polish and looks more like a natural Wii U game.

TP does look occasionally beautiful though.
                Just a case of the simple textures of WW translating better then i guess?

Comment

Yeah I think so. It just looks more organic as a cartoon if that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                    How would we sum up the port then?

Slightly polished 1080p release? Reading it has rough textures in places...i take it that just means its not up to dolphin standards?

Is it about on par with Wind Waker HD?
                    Disappointing is how I'd sum it up. The increase in resolution leaves the game looking uglier than the original much of the time; furthermore I found the the swordplay, fishing, and aiming more intuitive and rewarding with the wiimote/nunchuck than when using either of the Wii U control schemes. It's still a very good game but no better than the Wii version which can be picked up second hand for about a fiver.

Comment

It was a nightmare trying to aim the boomerang at the boss at the end of the dungeon, I kept facing the wrong way

Comment

Working...
                      X