SEGA Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEGA Survey

There's a lengthy SEGA survey doing the rounds at the moment, it sounds like they're at least trying to get it together. A lot of the questions cover SEGA of the old and SEGA of now - retro games, potential new games and mobile games.

The link is in here http://www.gamespot.com/articles/seg.../1100-6435190/ but I originally found it through facebook.

The first question is age. Pretty sure as soon as I input 41, the rest of the results are dumped as not being relevant to life.

Comment

I asked if they could make more sonic games, especially the 2006 one as that was my absolute favourite LOOL

Comment

did anyone else they the the sections on "why don't you play mobile games". Nice waste of a couple of minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          The first question is age. Pretty sure as soon as I input 41, the rest of the results are dumped as not being relevant to life.
          Put 39

I filled it in - when it asked about favourite SEGA games, I realised that nothing that SEGA has done recently is even at the edge of the radar.
          Last edited by MartyG; 01-03-2016, 12:17.

Comment

The only Sega published game that stick in my mind (of the recent ones) is Alien Isolation. Great game but I can see why it's sales weren't stronger. Long game and it was relentless

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              i am 57 , so they will sure as hell ignore me!

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                The only Sega published game that stick in my mind (of the recent ones) is Alien Isolation. Great game but I can see why it's sales weren't stronger. Long game and it was relentless
                Probably something to do with the crappy gearbox game, colonial marines, which made people lost faith in sega handling the IP.
                BTW creative assembly is a sega internal studio for years now.

Comment

It was pretty much fluff disguised as a survey, soon as you got to the mobile gaming section it all became clear exactly what they were fishing for. Shame really as in between the garbage sonic games they do sometimes pop out a gem.

Comment

I love modern Sega for the Yakuza games.

Comment

Crazy Taxi City Rush is an excellent mobile game, even great on the TV via Shield etc. If Sega brought Derby Owners to the west for Android it would blow my mind.

Comment

I can never love modern Sega because of classic Sega.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          I can never love modern Sega because of classic Sega.
                          The change in their output really is sobering.

Nintendo are like that mate you've known for years and still keep in touch with. You still go round his place, or sometimes he comes round yours, to play the occasional local multiplayer game, and it reminds you of back in the school days, but with a hint of melancholy. You wish he came round more, that there was more to play with him, but no matter how faithful you are to the friendship, you know it's going to stay a two-or-three-times-a-year thing. You get concerned about him sometimes, because he's married a girl from his hometown and they have kids on the way, and you're worried how much they're going to change him.

Primarily because of your other mate you've known for years, Sega. He hasn't come round since you tossed him out the house in 2006, clutching a Sonic game. Other people tell you that he has been round to drop off buggy PC strategy games, but deep down you know that's not him. That's not who he is. That's just a side thing which is great in its own right, but not why you became friends with him. He used to be in a band, and back then, he was kind of a big deal, but since his mates Yu, Yuji and the rest moved on, he's struggled to understand his place in the world. He's had a load of jobs, trying everything once, but nothing seems to stick except the occasional flirt with bringing back his past glories. Deep down, you know that soon, he's going to stop turning up, or he'll be so different that you wouldn't recognise him if he did.

Capcom's doing well.

Konami went crazy and their entire family left them.

And though you can't believe it, some of the best news you've heard in the past 6 months has come from SNK.

Comment

It seems that this is ultimately about Mobile games.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              The change in their output really is sobering.

Nintendo are like that mate you've known for years and still keep in touch with. You still go round his place, or sometimes he comes round yours, to play the occasional local multiplayer game, and it reminds you of back in the school days, but with a hint of melancholy. You wish he came round more, that there was more to play with him, but no matter how faithful you are to the friendship, you know it's going to stay a two-or-three-times-a-year thing. You get concerned about him sometimes, because he's married a girl from his hometown and they have kids on the way, and you're worried how much they're going to change him.

Primarily because of your other mate you've known for years, Sega. He hasn't come round since you tossed him out the house in 2006, clutching a Sonic game. Other people tell you that he has been round to drop off buggy PC strategy games, but deep down you know that's not him. That's not who he is. That's just a side thing which is great in its own right, but not why you became friends with him. He used to be in a band, and back then, he was kind of a big deal, but since his mates Yu, Yuji and the rest moved on, he's struggled to understand his place in the world. He's had a load of jobs, trying everything once, but nothing seems to stick except the occasional flirt with bringing back his past glories. Deep down, you know that soon, he's going to stop turning up, or he'll be so different that you wouldn't recognise him if he did.

Capcom's doing well.

Konami went crazy and their entire family left them.

And though you can't believe it, some of the best news you've heard in the past 6 months has come from SNK.
                              And he's turned stubborn for not bringing Phantasy Star Online 2 to Europe and US regions. :/

Comment

Working...
                              X