No announcement yet.

Would you buy a Super Famicom Turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'd make a very nice indie box, if anything... But those guys need to be multi-format if they want to make their $$.

It's too bad, because 2D sprites look superior through RGB. I can't play anything with clean blockiness any more, games never looked like that. Despite the few SNES games I have on the WiiU VC with Miiverse functionality I'd much rather emulate.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
      A system like Leon mentioned, but with no region lockout, full software and peripheral backwards compatability, a hdd, Internet capabilities for downloading games, and committed third party support would definitely be something I'd buy.
      I guess people would want a HDD & the ability to download games. But I'd still want the option of buying the games on cartridge(whatever design is best? maybe Famicom cartridges?). Third party support would be important, but I would want it to be from top publishers, rather than indies making NES-esque games.

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
      The SFC is still my favourite console of all time, but the software is now so prohibitively expensive in some cases, I can't justify it, especially as I have a family and a wedding to plan. I mean, ?80+ for a boxed copy of Karuraoh/Sky Blazer is ridiculous. Even some real tripe is in and above that price range.
      The SFC is still my favourite console. I've enjoyed the evolution of gaming up to the PS4, but now I find myself not being very interested in modern gaming. I just enjoy 16-bit graphics & sound more than all the flashy modern stuff. For example, I find the Contra series of games far more compelling than the COD series. 16-bit, and to a lesser extent 8-bit, puts a smile on my face and keeps me coming back for more. That's how I feel - and why I'd buy something like a Super Famicom Turbo, because I'd love new 16-bit experiences.

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      It'd make a very nice indie box, if anything... But those guys need to be multi-format if they want to make their $$.
      I'm not really interested in indie gaming unless they have the skill of a developer like Treasure and can produce something like Gradius V. HD NES-esque games don't appeal to me much. That sort of style has never grabbed me, but I know it's popular.

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      It's too bad, because 2D sprites look superior through RGB. I can't play anything with clean blockiness any more, games never looked like that. Despite the few SNES games I have on the WiiU VC with Miiverse functionality I'd much rather emulate.
      Yeah, I don't like the clean, ultra glossy look of a lot of retro-style modern games. I love 240p through RGB with sharp pixels. That, as well as chip music, is my thing. I want 16-bit tech again, because it would force developers to create games that look & sound like I want them to.
      Last edited by Leon Retro; 10-03-2016, 16:49.

Comment

I'd buy that for a dollar.

This thread is a massive quotefest. Do we really need everything to be quoted.

Anyway, I'd buy one because I never had a SNES in the first place. Played a lot of megadrive at other people's houses and a bit of SNES at uni. I was on PC at the time, so I missed out.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          I'd buy that for a dollar.
          Another 129 dollars and it's yours.

This thread is a massive quotefest. Do we really need everything to be quoted.
          I've thought about this - and I prefer to use quotes. When people respond to me without quoting a specific part of a post, I think things can get confusing. But I'd never just quote a long post in one chunk.

Anyway, I'd buy one because I never had a SNES in the first place. Played a lot of megadrive at other people's houses and a bit of SNES at uni. I was on PC at the time, so I missed out.
          I guess you've played Super Mario Kart? Lots of people still regard that as the best game in the series. I'd like a 16-bit follow up to that with lots of new content and improved in some ways. I'd also like 16-bit sequels to Super Metroid, Star Fox, F-Zero etc...

You saying you'd buy a turbocharged SNES is interesting. I think it's a no-brainer that avid retro gamers would buy such a machine, but I think it might also grab the attention of people not focused on retro gaming.
          Last edited by Leon Retro; 10-03-2016, 18:42.

Comment

This thread is a massive quotefest.
            quoted for truth

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
              quoted for truth
              Testify.

Comment

Heheh, if there was a prize, you'd win it!

Comment

Heheh, if there was a prize, you'd win it!

People quoting other people in a conversational thread in a forum? Shocking!

I mean, whatever next? Night following day?

Comment

Working...
                  X