No announcement yet.

Things to do in San Francisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are driving there beware the parking fees...we paid $60 a day when we were there in 2013!!

Comment

Wear some flowers in your hair

Comment

We went to SF for a week 18 months ago after going to LA

Alcatraz is a good one, they run tours throughout the day, we deliberately went at about sunset so we had the tour when it was getting dark, that added a little extra and you get a great view of the city, both before and after as the sun has gone down. Book before you go, the night tours book up quickly.
        The area around the pier where you catch the ferry from is insanely touristy, I really didn't expect that bit of San Francisco to be like that. But you'll want to have look just to point and laugh at all the sea lions there.

We went to the Walt Disney museum (a museum about the man) which was really well done, it really changed my perception about him , was both informative and fun. It has nothing to do with the Disney Corperation itself and was setup by his children. It's not far from the Military Cemetery.

The De Young gallery in Golden Gate park is really great good if you like architecture and art galleries.

We actually ditched our car just after we got to SF, it's not as car friendly as other places as it's quite an old place as far as america goes, so often it's like trying to park in central London.

We Cycled across the Goldengate bridge, we regretted this as it was a fairly long and hilly ride from where we got the bikes near the tourist area and we are both unfit! Once you are across it's another couple of miles of hilly cycling before you get to Sausalito, where fortunately you can catch a ferry back to the pier.
        Last edited by EvilBoris; 02-03-2016, 18:36.

Comment

Don't miss this: http://www.museemecaniquesf.com/
          (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mus%C3%A9e_M%C3%A9canique)

It's on Fisherman's Wharf and was right up there with the Alcatraz night tour as highlights of my visit.

Comment

See the 49ers (and Jimmy GQ) next season!

Comment

Working...
            X