Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone upgraded to a Dolby atmos receiver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone upgraded to a Dolby atmos receiver?

Toying with upgrading my system. Anyone using a either a 2 or 4 up/down firing speaker set up?

yes, i have 5.1.2 via the Denon X4200W. i have 2 front upfiring speakers currently.

fantastic piece of kit, i've yet to calibrate it properly, but i got an Atmos demo disc with it, and just using out of box settings, i was impressed with the coverage of the sound.

i've also still to update the firmware to get DTS-X.

Last edited by beecee; 23-02-2016, 07:14.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
      yes, i have 5.1.2 via the Denon X4200W. i have 2 front upfiring speakers currently.
      It does indeed look gorgeous. I've scanned the manual and haven't got a clear answer: are the HDMI outputs always mirrored (all with the same audio/video) or does it have matrix-like functions (input 7 to output 2 and 3, input 4 to output 1, for example) ?

Comment

the 4200 has 3 outputs, one is a mirror of the main output and one is free to output another signal.

i have my main (to TV) and second (to my PJ), third out put is empty just now, but i'm going to send a feed to my kitchen so we can watch SKY there.

Comment

I bought what I assume is the little brother to that amp over Christmas - the AVRX2200W. Whereas I'm liking it a lot, I've not even contemplated the Atmos / DTS-X setup though, so I'll get my coat.

Comment

i have a very high ceiling in the home cinema part of the living room (approx 25 feet), with leads into a longer part with a much shorter ceiling, so i dont know how the upwards firing atmos speakers would cope??
            Last edited by dvdx2; 23-02-2016, 15:05.

Comment

Working...
            X