No announcement yet.

BPX002: This May Be Our Independence Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Cameron dismisses as "complete fiction" Lord Howard's suggestion the EU could be forced to make new concessions if the UK voted to leave the EU.

Cameron has reasserted that there wouldn't be a second Referendum on this

Comment

If you leave, will you have to pay import duty on everything you order from Europe?

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me, though would we end up making better import/export deals with China, America etc? Curious on that one too

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          It wouldn't surprise me, though would we end up making better import/export deals with China, America etc? Curious on that one too
          This should be the focus of the Out Campaign, unfortunately I can see them going the anti immigrant route...

I imagine that we will have to pay a tax of sorts but will probably do something similar to Norway.

Being able to trade freely with the Rest of the World is a massive pro to leaving the EU and shouldn't be underestimated.

Comment

But is that actually going to happen if you leave?

Comment

I don't think anyone can say for sure, too much speculation atm. I imagine though that if it is an out vote it will take at least a year for the UK to officially leave and there will be big trade agreements being made with non EU members as soon as the vote is in.

Comment

Russia might even warm to us a tiny bit, anything that puts a dent in the EU is good in Putin's books

Comment

If this is true it ties into one of the things that I imagine will play strongly into people being swayed into voting leave. Like with Gordon Brown, if the public has a sense that a new leader is being forced towards them by party internal forces they tend to reject them at the polls. I know the Tories worry about Boris and his Leave decision but I honestly don't think George Osborne will appeal to the public no matter the timing. Stuff like this is what pushes a vote leave to screw with Cameron mentality

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...PWjQ&ocid=iehp

If this is true it ties into one of the things that I imagine will play strongly into people being swayed into voting leave. Like with Gordon Brown, if the public has a sense that a new leader is being forced towards them by party internal forces they tend to reject them at the polls. I know the Tories worry about Boris and his Leave decision but I honestly don't think George Osborne will appeal to the public no matter the timing. Stuff like this is what pushes a vote leave to screw with Cameron mentality
                    The UK won't tolerate Osborne in power.

Comment

I like not having my passport stamped when travelling around Europe, so I'll be voting to stay in.

Can I vote from Singapore?

Comment

You're a British citizen yes? You can if you haven't been away for more than 11 years - call your embassy.

Comment

Working...
                        X