Sound Bar recommendations on a budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound Bar recommendations on a budget

Having had to sacrifice my 5.1 setup a few years ago due to a lack of space I've really grown tired of having to use my tame TV speakers and thought it was about time I give a sound bar a try. Has anyone got one they would recommend?

My budget isn't much, less than ?100 ideally. Are there any worth buying in that price range? If not I'll give it a miss.

Cheers

I wouldn't entertain a Soundbar really

Could you manage a Stereo setup (amp & Speakers) & then look at possibly even doing 2.1??

That would be my preference over a soundbar if I couldn't do my 5.1

Neil

Comment

I have this ?150 Sony Sound bar below, the next model up should be as good if not better. If you are in a square room it mimics surround quite well. Although I do agree with Soundwave will not be as good as an amp set up but i do enjoy mine. Then Subwoofer works really well and has some quite meaty base a massive upgrade over my to speakers.

Comment

I do have a square-ish room but am very limited for space because my living room is not only small but only has one wall where the tv can go and it's right next to the door so I had to sacrifice my 5.1 amp setup when we moved here as there is literally no room for speakers. There's no room in my tv cabinet for an amp either to be honest.

I was hoping to buy a house this year and have space for 5.1 again but I'm having a third child in April so moving plans are on hold for now and I thought a sub ?100 sound bar will do for now as surely anything would be an improvement over my dreadful tv speakers.

I'll have a look at that Sony one

Edit -

I used to use Turtle Beach 7.1 headphones with my 360 which were fantastic but I'm pretty sure they don't work with the XB1 and for the money they cost I begrudge buying another pair for how little I used them
        Last edited by mr_sockochris; 18-02-2016, 21:23.

Comment

While i wouldn't want a soundbar personally my fathers Panasonic SC-HTB690EBK sounds lovely.

Its good for producing a powerful and warm sound where voices come through really well, even on movies with dodgy surround tracks. Its technically a 3.1 soundbar so has a dedicated centre channel...which helps. Great wireless sub too, and the easy setup/lack of wires is obviously the main selling point too.

Comment

I'm not exactly tight on space but I did want to minimise my equipment. I went for the tiny Denon RCDM40DAB receiver with a sub and two small speakers. It is definately worth its What hi-fi best buy rating.
            It has two optical inputs, one for the TV any the other I have an Airport express for streaming. It does everything a Sonos type system does at a fraction of the price and sounds so much better than a soundbar which is too much of a compromise for me.

Comment

Working...
            X