Street Fighter V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Street Fighter V

I got this the other day courtesy of ShopTo.

I've played through the laughably short story mode with Ryu which consists of 3, 1 round battles with some story between and some rather underwhelming still images of characters with speaking. You get 10,000 fighter points for completion for the story but if you do the story again, you don't get any more points so no chance of farming for points here.

I also played some online and it seemed pretty good. no lag in fights with people from the UK but fought a few French people and there was some very noticeable lag. Gameplay wise, it feels really good solid so definitely no complaints there.
    I mainly play as Cammy and she's as fast as ever.

My main problem is with how stingy the content is in this game. There isn't any challenge mode yet (whether this comes out day 1 or we have to wait, I'm not sure). The story mode is woefully short but they are adding more to this in June apparently and having only 16 fighters and some very noticeable omissions just doesn't cut it in this day and age.

On a side note, I don't know how aware people are of the DLC model in this game but they intend to release the first add on character in march and I read somewhere that someone had discovered DLC fighters can either be purchased with real money or earned in game for 100,000 fighter points.
    If you win 1 battle in online vs mode you get 50 points and 1000 points for levelling up. so, if you complete every characters story, that's 160,000 points and in an hours worth of play yesterday I earned about 2600 points in about 14 fights.
    Also, it's worth mentioning that there are 2 currencies - fight points and Zenny. I'm guessing the Zenny currency is the one you purchase with real life money but i guess time will tell.

And finally, I tested my PS3 HRAP stick with it and it worked fine so that's nice. no need to cough up for a new stick.

I hope this has helped some of you

I got it from the store, and the update info , says new game mode added, so I wonder if you have that yet, or if it goes live when the game comes out.

As usual these days, it seems the game isn't quite ready to go yet, but this is modern gaming now. not good.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
      I got it from the store, and the update info , says new game mode added, so I wonder if you have that yet, or if it goes live when the game comes out.

As usual these days, it seems the game isn't quite ready to go yet, but this is modern gaming now. not good.
      To be fair, fighting games are a bit exempt from this criticism in my eyes. Back in the arcade heyday, they were often released with a small amount of content and other problems, only to be improved upon in various iterations. Street Fighter II is a perfect example. Even the first version of Street Fighter IV had issues, such as only having two-person lobbies and Sagat/Ken domination, but these were eventually fixed.

In truth, SFV is going to work better than most games because Capcom have said the updates will be DLC, and in some cases free (for balance changes) - so no having to buy the Turbo Edition, then the Championship Edition, then the Super edition...

Comment

Sounds like what I expected, same for the fight money too. Alex is clearly a good will intro to the mechanic and further fighters will end up being so hard to earn that most need the Season Pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          Sounds like what I expected, same for the fight money too. Alex is clearly a good will intro to the mechanic and further fighters will end up being so hard to earn that most need the Season Pass.
          yeah, I think you might be right. I tried working it out and i think it'd be pretty easy to get 200,000 points which equals 2 characters.

160,000 by doing all the stories. another 40,000 by playing the game. I just worry that levels will become increasingly difficult to get the higher up you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            In truth, SFV is going to work better than most games because Capcom have said the updates will be DLC, and in some cases free (for balance changes) - so no having to buy the Turbo Edition, then the Championship Edition, then the Super edition...
            I'll believe it when I see it!

Modern gaming + modern Capcom = make money at any opportunity.

Comment

I'm Buying the season pass and using my fight money on costumes anyway

Comment

Did the tutorial and 4 character stories with the PC version, it plays really well and I'm liking using the XBO controller with it. With everything maxed out it does look smoother and nicer than the PS4 version though it's not a huge leap it's still noticeable. The PC version (I think just this one) seems to have an excess of motion blur though so hopefully a patch or mods can filter that out.

Comment

I cracked and bought it today on Steam. I didn't realise it is cross platform multi player with PS4. Pretty sweet.

Comment

I so badly want it, but I'm skint. Who remembers the BD SFIV league?

Comment

Been playing this on steam and from what I've played of it so far, I'm liking it very much. Looks great too!
                      I've been getting way too many random disconnects from the game server though.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                        I so badly want it, but I'm skint. Who remembers the BD SFIV league?
                        Yass, that was great fun. Psyduck took the first one from memory, but I remember a few others really standing out too - Stakers' Abel was causing upsets, for one. Would be fun to do something similar for this!

Comment

Yeah and the rest of us were ham and eggers lol.

Even though I'm tosh compared to some (well, a lot) of you guys, I still enjoy the game, praying on noobs online. Who I will run into lots in the beginning. Come a few months in though, I'll be a worn down nub after running into shadows of Daigo (well that's what I call the machine-like, hermit, reflex-of-a-Jedi, meanies).

Comment

It's a shame the internet still sucks globally for ping rates as I'd fancy giving you all a beat down.

Comment

My son is on half term, and has just said he has been playing it all morning, ready to beat me when I get home, I don't think so , ive been playing these games for 25 years , hew hasn't a chance, but I still think 1 v 1 in person is going to be the best way to enjoy this.

bring back me to a time when that was the only way to play, and we were better for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X