Street Fighter V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phillai View Post
    I'm got it on PC, I can't comment about RAP but I didn't even have to change any buttons at all when I plugged my 360 MadCatz TE stick in.
    This is really a poor show from Capcom though. Researching deeper, the game doesn;t support direct input controllers on PC. That's all PS3/4 andPC cross over sticks. Insane.

Have to mod the stick to play a game is really a big no no.

Well I finally got the controller working through some basic modding. I shouldn't have to do that at all. Poor Capcom.

On mine the Login to network is greyed out. Is this happening for everyone?
    Last edited by Supergoal; 17-02-2016, 00:46.

Comment

I have been logging in, only to get kicked out shortly after... I'll just practice for now until its all up and running smoothly.

Comment

They said it's better now. Not tried yet. Have done some story and survival modes but damn, it feels too different for a die hard SF4 player. Feels like a massive reset of my skills.

Comment

Had a dabble last night on this, although I was in the Beta. Away soon so cannot play more until the end of Feb but to be honest a lot of content in March. To add Legacy Arcade stick support is great again thank you to the Skull Girls makers and I think it was the Last Of Us guy for opening this up. Loving using my Hori Arcade stick Mini on PS4 buttons already mapped under Custom on SFV so not need to change anything.

First for me I am quite astounded there is no Arcade mode and not even on the way content wise (Aware no Arcade release but they should really add Arcade mode imo). People have said Survival mode replaces this but if the Servers drop as they have of late cannot earn any exp. The online seems as good as in the beta but sometimes up and down.

People were not joking about the Story mode, short would be an understatement. So bare bones I managed to finish Ryu and Chun Ali Story in about 20mins even watching cut scenes! I will say the 16 characters differ a lot so fun to use and try them out in this mode.

Enjoying it, especially online stuff besides Story shortness, good to look up stats and replays. Fighting Mechanics are really good with V Skill and V Trigger adding lots of tactical options for each character. Still loving Ken, Cammy and R.Mika at the mo want to get deeper into other characters like Chun Li. Finally just remembered how good the music is for this and has some great base and meaty sound to it, dare I say it getting to SFII levels as I thought the music is SFIII and IV sort of forgettable bar the intros.

Oh yeah and please add me on PSN Joolz40559 I want to be Smacked down .
          Last edited by JU!; 17-02-2016, 08:23.

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
            at the mo want to get deeper into other characters like Chun Li.

Comment

It does seem a bit daft that there's no basic arcade mode - i.e. fight 10 random characters followed by some kind of boss.

Comment

I love the game, hate the lack of content,

Streetfighter isn't streetfighter without BLANKA and E HONDA , where the hell are those 2, not happy without them.

Comment

no arcade mode?

dreadful ommision - online seems to have taken over everything....

Comment

It's the ever heavy push games seem to be making to cater for the esports crowd even though that must represent all of less than 1% of the audience. It must annoy Capcom that if SF5 had the usual amount of sp content it would have probably had a fairly steady rate of 10/10's in reviews. Feels like they used KI as the basis but MS went smart and launched at a low price to compensate.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      It does seem a bit daft that there's no basic arcade mode - i.e. fight 10 random characters followed by some kind of boss.
                      The survival modes do have boss characters on the final stages. Necalli and Bison.

I'm more annoyed that's that've hidden the colours behind normal and hard though. 28 easy fights, then Necalli and Bison read your inputs like crazy and trounce you- waste of 20 minutes as you get no reward if you lose.

Easy is very easy, normal becomes a joke in the final stages- and hard can kiss my arse. No doubt you'll be able to buy them with fight money... Got the season pass, but found that it's 40k FM just to unlock the story mode costumes per character. FM isn't going to last long- and non season pass owners face 100k per character unlock.

Didn't have to many problems other than disconnects yesterday's made it into the bronze leagues in ranked. Heard it's much better again today.

Comment

Anyone understand what the ranking system means with all the stats? LP, Rank, Bronze etc.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
                          I love the game, hate the lack of content,

Streetfighter isn't streetfighter without BLANKA and E HONDA , where the hell are those 2, not happy without them.
                          or Sagat.

Comment

I've not put any time into this yet other than to test if my PS3 TE stick would work (it did).

But how does the online rank mode work? I'm hoping that the the great players don't get put against the noobs (like me).
                            Once you get to certain level can you only play players at that level and above?

Comment

SF3 didn't have any of them either?

You've got player level which goes up based on SP stuff, LP which is league points telling you how many ranked match wins you've had (they go up and down) and The Bronze level hits when you go above 500LP, silver is 2000 LP

Comment

It matches you against similar LP/rank. At the moment there are some very good players who are low ranked as they've not played the game much- give it a week and it'll have evened out some.

Comment

Working...
                                X