No announcement yet.

Street Fighter V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally got my mitts on this.. 5.9gb update psn sucks big time for speed!!

hopefully we'll get some Bordersdown challenges going, lot of smack talk going on in here

Comment

I'm gonna absolutely put the smack down on infinite loop for all you cobbled together combatants. You'll be wishing Clay Fighters got a PS4 release so you can play it with the play doh controller with CBeebies!

Comment

Is everyone getting online matches OK? We've not managed to get a single fight

Comment

Going slightly off topic here but I've just got my hands on the stupidly expensive (?199.99) MadCatz official Street Fighter V TE2+ FightStick.

Quite simply, It is so sexy. The quality is the same as my previous MadCatz TE stick but what makes this one special is that when you open it up via the middle button, you can access the inside now all tool free. It's also nice to see how clean all the wires are now kept and the sponge cut outs for 2 additional Sanwa buttons and the reversable MadCatz screwdriver, no need to find that allen key and flat head screwdriver now when changing your joystick or buttons. USB cable is detachable and has it's on slot to put away all nice and neatly.

Finally the non slip base is a very nice touch and feels comfortable on my lap.

Comment

Have you tried it with your VSHG Phil?

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
              Have you tried it with your VSHG Phil?
              No, I've not tried it at all... It's all packed away!

Comment

Been playing V all day, love Rashid, love his attitude, love how he plays! i need a statue!

Whipped through all the "story" modes and played a bit online, as a person who never got one with 4, i'm happy to say V feels way better to me and i look forward to all the coming updates and characters ( sweet sweet Alex ) because the game is barebones as ---- lol.

Basically if you aren't gonna play online, at this point it's not worth picking up the game, wait until June when the story modes added and a bunch of other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
                  My son is on half term, and has just said he has been playing it all morning, ready to beat me when I get home, I don't think so , ive been playing these games for 25 years , hew hasn't a chance, but I still think 1 v 1 in person is going to be the best way to enjoy this.

bring back me to a time when that was the only way to play, and we were better for it.
                  This exactly, I'm off work and my boy and I have been working through the story modes and practising in vs mode.

We had minor success online, 3 online fights in total, 2 losses by my son before I had to show him how its done

Comment

Is this comment taken from a neogaf post fair?

"SFV is so ****ing unfinished that the game gives us currency we can't use because the goddamn shop isn't in the game yet. We unlock costumes we can't use because they aren't in the game yet. We can't even do combo challenges, because the menu option is greyed out. Ain't in the game yet."

Comment

Love a fair few of the new characters.

Laura is my favorite with her striking/throwing game plus being sister of sean, necali is utterly awesome, fang is a superb character design, and the returning alpha cast are great too.

I love the simple to execute V triggers that still give a wealth of depth to the gameplay. Yes there a couple of bugs on launch day, but for the last few hours i've had no more random disconnects at least.

This is a great game that will be superb in the near future. Any fight fan pondering shouldn't hesitate.

Comment

Only had a go in training so far, couldn't get online to fight. Decide to move away from my tried and tested Cammy to the new fighters and between fighting style and looks its Laura for me, almost Urien like character with the electric blast being used a shield absorb a fireball for one of her rush down attacks or pinning someone inthe corner, probably like her V-ism the best with alot of movement options.

As this game doesn't explain any of the new systems and i never played the beta, is V-ism just few more moves(for normals) and a couple of mods on existing specials, along with what seem like from using Laura a Just defence melee counter?

Comment

Anyone on the PC version? I finally got round to trying it but I can'r work out how to set up my stick with it. It's a RAP V4 stick. It worked perfectly with USF4 without tweaking anything but in SF5 it won't even recognise it. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                            Anyone on the PC version? I finally got round to trying it but I can'r work out how to set up my stick with it. It's a RAP V4 stick. It worked perfectly with USF4 without tweaking anything but in SF5 it won't even recognise it. Any ideas?
                            I'm got it on PC, I can't comment about RAP but I didn't even have to change any buttons at all when I plugged my 360 MadCatz TE stick in.

Comment

Had a blast tonight trying the new characters... I'm starting to like Laura and Rashid alot.

Having both PC and PS4 versions I was disappointed that I can't use the same username. I really don't want to be wasting my time doing all the unlocking on both PC and PS4 (despite me having season passes for both).

Looks like I will be sticking with the PC version, I need to make use of my gaming PC for once.
                              Plus it looks nice on my 27" Dell on 2560 x 1440 res.

Comment

Down to just four fighters left to do the Character Stories with now and then onto Survival mode. Managed to remove the ott motion blur also.

Comment

Working...
                                X