No announcement yet.

WedSNESday - Let's make it a community thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Legend of the Mystical Ninja, but rarely play the game it as it really needed save game feature, TBH. The basic level passwords don't leave you with enough resources to stand much of a chance later on, really. Had it been more forgiving and had save games it'd be as good as it is lauded to be, IMO. That said, it was one of that first games to convert me to the wonders of Japanese games design, and was a revelation (in the positive sense) to play in 1993 as an Amiga owner.

Comment

Last night we kicked things off with Twilight Princess HD and then moved over to Knights Of The Round. Once again Mart used up the majority of the credits, leaving me to die on my own.
      We also played a fair bit of Cosmo Gang, which is let down by sharing lives (although the challenges are a lot easier) played a little bit Cybernator (which is great, but I was distracted by the Coleco Chameleon car crash) and finished off the night with California Games. A shorter night than usual as we both felt crappy, but good fun all the same.

Oh and we played Super Empire Strikes Back for a while, but it really isn't very good.

Comment

What a brill idea! .......sadly, six days to go before the next one. I'll be participating on me tod on this one, but next week, WedSNESday it is!!

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
          Knights Of The Round
          How is the port of this? I've only played the arcade original.

Played it to death on an arcade cab at a holiday camp in spain in the early 90s. I thought it was the best game ever, way better than any home scrolling brawler I'd seen (I had no idea it had been ported). I got a bit of a surprise when I finally played it again as an adult in 2007 (it was on a PSP-only Capcom retro collection), when I found out it was just a reasonably good game.

Given, though, it wasn't the practically audible shattering of a delusion that happened when I played the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade re-release on the Xbox 360...

Comment

It's a decent port. Much better than final fight and magic sword. Certainly not worth the high price it now goes for though. Although you can say that for most scrolling fighters.

Comment

Much better than final fight and magic sword.
              Magic Sword would be great without the extreme slowdown. I think the music is far better than in the arcade version. Yeah, KOTR is a more authentic port than Final Fight.

Also, Capcom released the similar The King of Dragons on the SNES. I need to go back to both and see which one is best.

Comment

Knights of the Round is far better than The King of Dragons, ESPECIALLY where the SNES ports are concerned.

Knights of the Round is shockingly underrated by many.

Comment

It's a decent port. Much better than final fight and magic sword. Certainly not worth the high price it now goes for though. Although you can say that for most scrolling fighters.
                  I believe I paid $10 each at a CGE in the US many moons ago for CIB Knights of the Round and CIB Super Metroid. I just had a look at complete auctions on eBay for UK and US. Erm... yeah... when the flying hell did THAT jump in price?!
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                    Knights of the Round is far better than The King of Dragons, ESPECIALLY where the SNES ports are concerned.

Knights of the Round is shockingly underrated by many.
                    I think it's a good game. It's not a ?90 game though.

Comment

Definitely not a ?90 game by any stretch of the imagination, and ?90 appears to be a conservative estimation going by eBay! I was shocked to see how much it goes for now!
                      ~

Comment

All the more reason I'm going to invest in a mame cab. All the beat em ups I can play with nakamura without the premium prices.

Comment

Even back in the day, when it was more impressive, I wouldn't have paid more than ?35. I think it should be a ?20 game, but prices for a lot of retro games are crazy these days.

All the more reason I'm going to invest in a mame cab. All the beat em ups I can play with nakamura without the premium prices.
                          If I had the space, I'd love a mame cab. I have nearly every retro console, so a cab is now top of my 'wanted list'.

But will you be able to fit it in your gaming cave/shed?

Comment

Martin certainly seems to think so. I might have to not got the big 4-player cab, but can certainly get a two-player in there. I just wish there weren't so bloody expensive (I have neither the time nor patience to attempt my own).

Comment

(I have neither the time nor patience to attempt my own).
                              I think I'm going to; 2016 is the year - though I'll probably use an eBay flat-pack.

Comment

I'm happy with the ?45 ish I paid for Knights. It's a decent port of a game I really like.

Not sure what's on the agenda this week. In a bit of a gaming slump at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X