Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audio Noise problem with the Framemeister - HALP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Noise problem with the Framemeister - HALP!

So I've been recording a Sega Saturn game through my Framemeister's RGB port which is hooked up to an HDMI splitter that splits the connection to my TV and to my Game Capture HD 60. Recently I've been getting a constant high pitched buzzing noise throughout the recording (mostly notable in silent scenes). It didn't do that before.

You can hear the noise on the TV, but only if you turn the speaker volume way up, but in the recording software you can hear it at normal listening volume (so it got amplified by something). I've tested out my NES and Sega Saturn (2 different SCART cables), and I've replaced the SCART converter cable, yet the noise is still there. When I connect my PS3/PS4 into the Framemeister via the HDMI port, however, I DONT get any audio noise. Swapping HDMI cables and using different splitter ports didn't fix the problem either.

The only thing I can think of is that the RGB connection on my Framemeister got damaged somehow, which means I would have to buy ANOTHER Framemeister. Does anyone know what the problem might be and how to fix it so I don't have to replace my Framemeister (which might not even solve the issue)?

Thanks!
    Last edited by C Sauce; 02-02-2016, 21:22.

Maybe you can reset the Framemeister back to factory settings? It might also be worth going back to an older Firmware? I haven't had issues with my FM, and I'm not an expert on the device, but I hope you can resolve the problem.

Comment

Might be an idea to check the noise isn't being generated by the Saturn itself, Sega consoles are known to output some background noise even when silent. So try on a TV with no HDMI splitter attached or other external device. Turn up the sound and see what you hear.
      Last edited by S3M; 09-02-2016, 16:47.

Comment

Working...
      X