Terry Wo-gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terry Wo-gone

The hero of Eurovision commentary has died: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35453541

Great thread title.

Comment

Really crappy year this is.

Was not a huge fan but still a sad loss. Eurovision was only bearable due to his commentary.

RIP Terry

Comment

Another idol of mine growing up has died. 2016 is continuing to be a **** year for news.
        Last edited by Wools; 01-02-2016, 12:57.

Comment

Sad news once again, bringing January to a melancholy close.
          Our thoughts are with "the present Mrs wogan" as he used to say.

Comment

"Thank you for being my friend."

No, Sir Terry. Thank You.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 04-02-2016, 10:43.

Comment

Very sad news. The man was an institution.

Comment

The guys banter was brilliant, and when I heard it on the radio in the car at the weekend I was saddened to hear of his passing. I'm hoping that he's not going to be another BBC star that turns out to have a had a murky past, which my brother was wondering last night.

Comment

That might seem like a horrible thing to think, Colin, but I can't help but wonder that myself every time a major celebrity dies, especially one that was linked with the BBC.

Let's hope not. Guy was hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                    The guys banter was brilliant, and when I heard it on the radio in the car at the weekend I was saddened to hear of his passing. I'm hoping that he's not going to be another BBC star that turns out to have a had a murky past, which my brother was wondering last night.
                    Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    That might seem like a horrible thing to think, Colin, but I can't help but wonder that myself every time a major celebrity dies, especially one that was linked with the BBC.

Let's hope not. Guy was hilarious.
                    I totally understand the skepticism (and I do feel that it is more of a damning indictment of the BBC on the way that they covered stuff up), but does 35 years of tireless charity work with Children In Need (generating over half a billion pounds in the process) not grant him some benefit of the doubt at least?

(And yes, I know the likes of Savile and others implicated did charity work too but never ever for the same length of time or remotely near the same impact.)

Comment

I am still scarred by the memory of being forced to dance a Mayday dance ( wiv girls! ) to the lumpy oompah- oompah of The Floral Dance....

Comment

Working...
                      X