The Division [BETA] Pc version review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Division [BETA] Pc version review

Apart from the early video a while back i really had not idea what to expect, i thought it would be a linear cover based shooter but it is not.

Best way i can describe it is that it mixes a lot of elements for, starters it is more open world (Like with watch dogs though looks a lot better) but it also takes many elements from role playing games such as you gain Exp there is loot to collect, you will come across areas that have a recommended level and unique enemies that have a chance to drop better loot. Has things like stash to store stuff and fast travel.

Also you have a homebase and looks like you can upgrade it by completing missions.

So overall after doing some missions i do it enjoy it but the thing it is lacking is the oomph of the gun play combat just does not feel that satisfying

Couple of vids

Last edited by eastyy; 29-01-2016, 15:23.

DARKZONE is the worst bit of the game. If you get ambushed by other players and they only fired one shot at you, you have to think twice if you want to kill them to defend yourself. Problem is, their timer for being Rogue is likely to be 12sec, but if you kill them after the time runs out, you will be tagged as a rouge and probably end up having over 180+ sec on your rogue tag, depending how many raiders you have to kill. It is really badly designed.

BTW don't try to set the graphics too low, i tried it and fell through the map, because assets weren't loaded yet ^^
    Last edited by Cornflakes; 29-01-2016, 16:46.

Comment

Gave the PS4 beta a go tonight. I have the PC version paid up so am getting the game anyway but in terms of this first taste, if I'm being honest I was bored pretty quickly by it.

Visually it's pretty standard but sometimes the various elements come together to paint a pretty picture, the city seems to be pretty big but too often it feels like it's simply a chain of corridors. Gameplay is workable but clunky and fairly unsatisfying. Of the missions I did it feels too much like fairly weak gunplay battles with 3-4 enemies and then running up and down streets to reach npcs.

I dunno, I can see myself eventually working through the PC version but the beta has made the game move much, much further down my interest//priority list.

Comment

I gave the PS4 version a few hours, I really enjoyed it. It has a lot of the elements I like, base building, gun & weapon customisation, RPG skills'n'stuff, map exploration and co-op. The map didn't seem to big I hope they really restricted the size in the beta. I didn't get a chance to look at the Dark zone - not sure how keen I am on that part of the game though, I certainly hope its completely optional and any gear you get you can get in the solo game. I'm definitely going to pick it up on Day 1 despite having a massive backlog.

Comment

I played the PS4 version too and liked it enough to keep my pre-order. Played a few games co-op with randoms on the harder difficulty setting and it was great fun. The Dark Zone offers better gear and the extraction mechanic is interesting. One group of rogue agents made it a bit tough as I was on my own though. Needs a group working together to get the most out of it I think.

Comment

Is it max 4 coop?

Comment

I'm not quite sure. I only played with a couple of other people.

Comment

I yearn for 16 play coop, missing since GRAW1 on 360...

Comment

Yeah. Those were good times!

Comment

Working...
                  X