No announcement yet.

Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished the Loeb Experience. The full pikes peak is much more fun than DR for sure. Heart is pounding.

Comment

Finished 5th in the world

Yes, that won't last long, but I'm taking the glory while I can
      Last edited by charlesr; 30-01-2016, 00:43.

Comment

Spotted some bad frame drops on a busy hill stage. Seems random.

Comment

First go online. Very much like Rallisport Challenge 2. Ghost cars make it hard to see on the start line, but once it thins out, great racing. Unfortunately "connection to host was lost". Don't know if it was rage quit because I was winning, but it does track "quit rate" in the stats.

Comment

It was a stage race by the way. There's rallycross too. 2nd attempt got "kicked from lobby"

Comment

Ok, success in the bumper cars (rallicross). There's a points system. Start at 1000. Win points above middle position. Lose points below

Comment

This needs a respawn button. Got stuck a few times near the track. It only respawns when you are far enough away.

Edit: Hold Down "Y"
                Last edited by charlesr; 30-01-2016, 13:52.

Comment

You lose a lot of points if you quit so getting stuck means waiting till everyone finishes

Edit: Nope! Hold down Y to respawn
                  Last edited by charlesr; 30-01-2016, 13:52.

Comment

Most of the tracks are fine, but there's some MEGA judder on a couple of the Australian stages. I mean almost unplayable for a few corners. Don't know why. Nothing special about there.

Comment

I'm playing it on ps4 , and haven't noticed anything, it's very smooth here. No frame rate drops

i like it as well seems loads of content for the money, and it's very solid .

Comment

Excellent. PS4 wins again.

The more I play, the more I'm loving it. Ploughed hours into the online today. I'm wearing a heartrate monitor. After following someone for 6 minutes in a stage race, and noticing he didn't like flat out 6 corners, I kept it pinned through a section, clipped a bank and overtook him in the air. It must have looked awesome from his view. My heartrate was 110. My normal "sat in a chair" heartrate is 50
                        Last edited by charlesr; 30-01-2016, 15:47.

Comment

Charlesr

its way better than I would have ever thought, and I've learned over the past year to buy games that our out on both , get the ps4 one.

but back to the game , it's full of content and I'm really enjoying it.

Comment

The rallicross online is the most vicious racing I've ever experienced. It's every man for himself. I went from 1st to last in one corner after everyone used me as a cornering aid

Comment

Picked up the ps4 version and thankfully its miles better than wrc 5. There is quite a bit of content in this and i'm quite enjoying it, despite a slow start and quite abit of tweaking to get the handling right. It looks fairly decent too. However there are some serious issues (which thankfully dont affect enjoyment to much). The niggles i have are that damage model is dire, there dosent seem to be any mecanical/electronic failure (headlights dont even smash) and there is no dynamic weather (or even rain/snow). The damage model in the old mcrae games were much much better than this. Car physics are often bizzare when you go airbourne and look really bad. Ienjoy playing 3rd person view and its just too distant. I would have rather it had reduced content and the even half the above issues adressed. They sure seem to make some head scratching at milestone and they seriously need to double their quality control for the next game. This is more last gen than current.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                Meanwhile, I'm finding the boundaries and going right past them. Drive it like you stole it.
                                [MENTION=2697]dvdx2[/MENTION] dude, you aren't driving hard enough ^^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X