No announcement yet.

Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting to hear, look forward to more impressions.

Comment

#1 in the world on PP Short \o/ lol.

Comment

Take note Forza. All the "look at the course and car" stuff before races is skippable. Restarts are fairly fast too.

Comment

Terrifying long grass stage. 7 minutes long.

Comment

With loads of flat out 6 corners. Breathtaking. Handling and collisions are much more forgiving than DR,

Comment

But lacks the delicate feel of the interface with the road and steering finesse. I'm comparing xbox version of this to PC version of DR so maybe unfair. Both on xbox pad.

Comment

A few niggles, like 6GB day 1 patch (at least there was for me), and after a while loading a stage, it starts the race so if you aren't paying attention you have to restart the stage.

Overall it's worth a purchase. Sliding the back end into snow feels great as it slows you and if it's ice, you ride up it instead. Damage is there but not nearly as serious as in DR - even if you end up on one rim at the front, you can keep about 3/4 speed.

Rewind is a bit too easy to use, although it does penalise your rewards. It is the best rewind I've seen though, gently easing you back in to full speed.

AI times to beat are variable. Easy is quite ok, so noobs will be able to progress after some work. Medium is about right.

It's mostly silky smooth, but framerate drops sometimes, normally when you are crashing through places you shouldn't be

Comment

Captures via onedrive on the Xbox One - looks better ingame.

800kg 800bhp....
                  Last edited by charlesr; 29-01-2016, 09:35.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    Captures via onedrive on the Xbox One - looks better ingame.

800kg 800bhp....
                    the framerate is up and down like a fiddlers elbow in that second vid - how could they even release it in that state?

Comment

I think it's a problem due to the conversion in upload studio to onedrive to youtube. It looks smooth ingame.

Comment

Was planning on passing this by, mainly due to the fact it's done by Milestone who have a terrible reputation for patches/bug fixes etc, but after playing the PC demo for an hour was pleasantly surprised.

I bought WRC5 upon release but got that refunded, frame rate kept stuttering amongst other things making it a real sub-par experience.

Dirt Rally can be so tough at times you end up having to push so hard to try and finish first that you're crashing left right and centre which soon doesn't become much fun. It does have a fairly high learning curve as Charles says, but give it an hours play and you'll either love or hate it.

Comment

Is it just me, or does this review just read like it has been created from a press release, with no actual driving? http://punkandlizard.com/sebastien-l...vo-review-ps4/ It's just a list of features, with no idea of what it actually plays like....

Comment

Meanwhile, I'm finding the boundaries and going right past them. Drive it like you stole it.

Comment

Just been up a mountain road in Monte Carlo. The way the tarmac gradually turns to snow and ice (and back again on the way down) was beautiful.

Comment

Eurogamer review has slated the handling because it understeers everywhere It's Milestones fault for making the daft stability control the default.

Comment

Working...
                                X