RIP Glenn Frey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Glenn Frey

Another Legend leaves us. Can't believe this yr. Not a good sign . I'll be playing my favourites today in his honour.
    RIP good sir x

Yep, awful news, grew up with the Eagles on the radio, they wrote some of the best songs out there, such a shock.

RIP.

Comment

Hotel California was on the radio today in his honour.
      It really is a timeless, haunting classic.

Comment

Lemmy, Bowie, Frey...Glastonbury and Coachella surely have nothing on the music festival that God must be organizing up there?

"The Heat Is On" and "You Belong To The City" are 1980s anthems.

RIP.
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 19-01-2016, 09:08.

Comment

I only just watched the long Eagles documentary on Netflix a week or two ago, he didn't really come across very well on it to be honest, made some great music though.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            I only just watched the long Eagles documentary on Netflix a week or two ago, he didn't really come across very well on it to be honest, made some great music though.
            You could argue the same about Frey's Eagles bandmate Don Henley, to be fair. A total prick about the whole Frank Ocean/Hotel California issue despite being in the right.

Comment

I have no idea who Frank Ocean is? Off to search what that's all about.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                I have no idea who Frank Ocean is? Off to search what that's all about.
                Basically:

The singer likens the artists, who have sampled and covered the Eagles' music, to vandals who 'go into a museum and paint a moustache on somebody else's painting'

Comment

Working...
                X