Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

external monitor recommendation

Need an external monitor with my macbook

Going to shop around tomorrow but wondered if anyone had any recommendations?

I have an adaptor so could use a vga or hdmi input.

I only need roughly a 20" size.

HDMI inputs are standard nowadays, unless you go for 4K or higher resolution monitors, where you usually get only 2x DP inputs; VGA is essentially dead, very few models have it now.
    What's your price range?

Comment

Been told I can replace my Samsung 20" at work. Since its a work thing not much!
      Don't have a tremendous amount of desk space but i understand 20" are quite rare now?

Comment

Ditch the stadnard support and get a monitor arm, these things do wonders for cluttered desks, not to mention the ability to rotate the monitor however you want. Actual freedom of movement changes from arm to arm, but the best brand (Ergotron, NewStar) have a virtually limitless movement envelope.
        20" monitors are still around, but they usually come with "low" resolutions like 1600x900; I personally find 1920x1080 too small on these monitors. There are decent 24" monitors from Dell around €200-300, like the E2416H; don't expect a high degree of colour accuracy though.

Comment

For general office use I find Eizo are hard to beat except on price but they are worth the little extra. We use the Eizo FlexScan EV2436W 24" IPS which are arounf ?300.

Comment

I like the IPS screens.

Comment

My Dell U2515H is 2560x1440 and IPS at around ?250. Good value.

Comment

Looks good, may not be able to go over ?200 though.
                Also may need something slightly smaller- will have a closer look at my desk in the morning!

What about this?
                Last edited by punio75; 17-01-2016, 17:13.

Comment

Probably be a cheap and cheerful solution.

Comment

Do you need built in speakers? Probably get something better for the same price if you ditch the speakers.

Comment

Speakers, no, not really.

Comment

Dell Ultrasharps are nice, you'll not go far wrong with one of those.

I prefer Iiyama monitors, but they're much of a muchness.
                        Last edited by MartyG; 19-01-2016, 07:40.

Comment

I'd get the LG29um65P if you can. 210 quid. It's 21:9 which is about as good as you'll get if you can't have two monitors! It's IPS too. I have the 25 inch at home (plus another 24-inch 1080p screen obvs! ) the resolution is 2560 x 1080. Looks lovely.

Comment

Working...
                          X