No announcement yet.

David Bowie dies at 69. RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not being a great fan, I only know what is on Rock Band, and I think its all from the 70,s and 80,s , so couldn't really offer an opinion on anything after that. but im sure it will be good.

Comment

I wasn't a 'fan' of his music overall but did like a fair bit of his stuff, nevertheless like the other legends of pop/rock - Zepp, Presley, Stones, Beatles he is irreplaceable.
      The amount of bands and artists that have got inspiration from him is immense.

Can't believe he has actually gone - like David Baddiel said, I thought he was immortal.

RIP.

Comment

You could argue that the best days of his artistic career were over with the launch of Let's Dance. That is still a fun album though, Modern Love is an all time fave.

However as a life long fan there's been plenty, and I mean PLENTY of great stuff since Let's Dance, Heathen being a particular highlight album wise.

Comment

Although I don't dislike his work, I can't claim I'm a massive fan, but I was thinking I'd like to listen to a bit more of his stuff when he was on the radio last week.
          I guess I'll have plenty of chance now there'll be an avalanche of "Best Of" collections.

Comment

There are already fantastic Best Ofs. In fact the latest one (Nothing Has Changed, I think...) has an incredible track list that spans almost his entire career.

Comment

Ground Control is never going to get another answer...

Comment

A true light in British popular music has gone out.

We'll never see his like again.

Comment

His songs have been on non-stop today, what a career he had.

His latest album was only released last week to coincide with his birthday, sad sad news.

Comment

His final video...

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel View Post
                      What a horrible way to start 2016.
                      For him, certainly!

Tasteless jokes aside; whilst I don't own any of his work, I could pick at least 10, probably 15 or so songs of his that I really like. The only problem for me, is that there's probably hundreds more that I didn't. However, that's just down to presonal taste (or lack thereof) and I think he was a pretty unique talent.

My commiserations are for his son, as my Dad died in 2015 and although he's a grown man, your parents are a massive part of shaping your identity. And also for his teenage daughter, which is no age to lose a parent. Whilst they won't struggle through financial hardship the emotional loss is huge, especially for his daughter.
                      Last edited by gunrock; 13-01-2016, 10:43.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                        For him, certainly!

Tasteless jokes aside; whilst I don't own any of his work, I could pick at least 10, probably 15 or so songs of his that I really like. The only problem for me, is that there's probably hundreds more that I didn't. However, that's just down to presonal taste (or lack thereof) and I think he was a pretty unique talent.

My commiserations are for his son, as my Dad died in 2015 and although he's a grown man, your parents are a massive part of shaping your identity. And also for his teenage daughter, which is no age to lose a parent. Whilst they won't struggle through financial hardship the emotional loss is huge, especially for his daughter.
                        I agree with all of the above, I too only really like a handful of his songs, but I acknowledge the massive cultural impact he and his art have made over the last, what? 30-40 years? Unlike today where most 'pop' artists have no talent and are manufactured by corporate executives to make as much money as possible, leading to meaningless crap which parades as 'music', David Bowie had talent. Real talent. Something which we see less and less from these days.

I too lost my Dad from Cancer about three years ago now, so I relate to the huge emotional impact it has. Especially when having to deal with losing someone to Cancer. It's a horrible, horrible disease to lose someone to.

Comment

Square-Enix have made The Nomad Soul free for a week or so in tribute to Bowie. Get it here: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/eme...Nomad-Soul.php

Comment

Thanks.

You might also be interested in Rise of The Tomb Raider at ?109.99
                            I wasn't lol.

Comment

Working...
                            X