• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Bowie dies at 69. RIP

Cancer.

What a horrible way to start 2016.

RIP

From Ziggy Stardust to master of plastic soul, the singer-songwriter from London had many personas and hits including "Fame," "Let’s Dance," "China Girl" and "Changes."

WTF?! Seriously? He just released an album. I had no idea he was that ill. Gutted about that. Barely a day goes by without me listening to him.

Comment

Just saw this on the news. Really sad, I wasn't aware he was that ill either.

Love his early stuff.

Comment

I know right! In all honesty the fact that he was battling cancer must have meant that he knew the album would be his last. I haven't got it yet, but I'm going to buy it now and finish off my record collection of his albums as a homage to the man. It's so surreal. Such an icon of the 80's, not only for music but for a way of living, gone.

Comment

Very sad, knew/ heard he wasn't that well a couple of months ago.

Death of a legend, The Snowman is now officially more sad to watch now.

Comment

Devastating news. I don't know what else to say

Comment

Comment

That has come literally from nowhere. Exactly like him though to keep it all under his own terms. Last Friday I was reading some of the reviews for what will now be his final album and it's nice to see they were really strong, his career stands as a testament to him. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head to have such a long and ever changing in style career whilst maintaining their quality of image and reputation. Unquestionably one of the legends.

Comment

Seems fitting to post the song (well, the main song) he provided for The Nomad Soul, which is one of his lesser known works:

Bowie and his band actually appeared in the game, motion-captured. There was a segment where when investigating a murder, you had to speak to a band, and it was actually Bowie and his band, spoken to in a manner a bit like Mass Effect. It was surreal as a kid to see that.

Comment

Great artist in the history of the human race.

Comment

I doubt we'll ever see another generation of artists like the Bowie's of this world, who had the substance and talent to back their style. We're going to start losing a lot of my musical heroes in these coming years. Was genuinely sad to hear this one today.

Comment

This is our last dance...

What a guy. One of the few musicians who I've respected from his first records to his final. I did not grow up with his music but when I hit my teens and was exposed to a wider pool of music I had previously listed to, it was Hendrix, Bestie Boys and Bowie. He was so exotic and odd that I was a little bit intimidated when I first listened to his Ziggy.

Lemmy and now Bowie in the space of a few weeks. 2016 will have to be pretty bloody good to make up for the loss of those two.

Comment

Sad loss

My personal play list has a lot of his music in it and managed to catch him live in the early 90's

Comment

I think when I get home, I will play all his songs I have on Rock Band 4. just to remember how good he was in his prime.

Comment

In his prime? The amazing thing for me about Bowie is how great he has always been. So many eras, so many experiments and so many successes. Not everyone is going to love everything, because so much of it was different. But my favourite album of his is Heathen, which was his 22nd album. And Blackstar is excellent. Crazy to think anyone can remain as relevant for so long the way Bowie did.

Comment

Working...
                              X