Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring an External Light

Hi All,

I am going to be wiring an external light up but can't seem to find instruction on which should go to which!

Please see the 2 pictures below!

Sorry for the bad picture it was dark out! Its a Black, Brown, Gray and Copper wire.

Any help please!!

If I have done my homework right

Sleeve the Earth Copper wire and connect to the yellow and green.
    Connect the Gray to the Blue
    Connect the Black to the Brown
    Tape off the brown and leave the right side empty.
    Last edited by djtickle; 30-12-2015, 16:40.

Looks like the light is wired from the factory for a permanent supply to be fitted if required, if it has a built in PIR or photocell.

The wire from inside depends entirely on how it was wired. I'd personally put the brown as switch line which I'd suggest probably goes with the brown on the fitting.

The grey would also generally be used for the neutral (blue) like you suggested.

To clarify though I'd get a tester and double check everything before even attempting to connect it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
      Looks like the light is wired from the factory for a permanent supply to be fitted if required, if it has a built in PIR or photocell.

The wire from inside depends entirely on how it was wired. I'd personally put the brown as switch line which I'd suggest probably goes with the brown on the fitting.

The grey would also generally be used for the neutral (blue) like you suggested.

To clarify though I'd get a tester and double check everything before even attempting to connect it up.
      Thanks Adrock. Could I check by looking at the back of the switch inside?

Comment

Sorry for the delay in replying. That would be fine, yeah.

Comment

Working...
        X