Gaming 2016: The Anniversaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaming 2016: The Anniversaries

It's almost 2016 and with its arrival there will be another bout of gaming related anniversaries.
    Below are some of the key landmarks the new year will bring in...

The 35th Anniversaries of Mario and DK’s first appearances in Donkey Kong and Frogger

The 30th Anniversaries of The Legend of Zelda,Dragon Quest, Metroid, Bubble Bobble, Outrun, Castlevania, Alex Kidd and Kid Icarus

The 25th Anniversaries of Road Rash, Lemmings,Street Fighter II, Sonic the Hedgehog and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past as well as Bungie, id Software and Blizzard Entertainment

The 20th Anniversaries of Duke Nukem 3D, Guardian Heroes, Pokemon, Time Crisis, Resident Evil, Metal Slug, Super Mario 64, NiGHTS into Dreams, Crash Bandicoot, Dead or Alive, Tomb Raider, Diablo as well as Valve and the Nintendo 64

The 15th Anniversaries of Paper Mario, Conker’s Bad Fur Day, Onimusha, Red Faction, Max Payne, Ico, Grand Theft Auto III,Burnout, Project Gotham Racing, Halo, Crazy Taxi, Pikmin, Luigi’s Mansion and the Gameboy Advance, Gamecube and Xbox as well as Sega’s exit from the console hardware business

[

The 10th Anniversaries of Dead Rising, Saints Row, Bully, Gears of War, Resistance, the last core Ridge Racer (7), Motorstorm

The 5th Anniversaries of Dead Island, Payday,Skyrim and the Nintendo 3DS

What are your favourites and memories for this years big anniversaries?
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 31-12-2015, 08:40.

Sorry [MENTION=345]Superman Falls[/MENTION], F-Zero turned 25 years old this year.

The SFC/SNES original was first released in Japan on November 21, 1990.

Comment

Fixed the F zero bit and tidied it all up a little

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        Fixed the F zero bit and tidied it all up a little
        Super Mario World also turned 25 in 2015.

Also a November 21st, 1990 release in Japan.

Comment

Probably a little OT, but just scrolling down that first post, I can't help but be taken back at just how lovely Link to the Past still looks. It stands out like a (beautiful) sore thumb.

Comment

Now I feel old... Was it really 25 years go I walked into Mean Machines in Machester to collect my USA copy of Sonic ?!!!

Comment

Re-amended

Comment

WTF!? 10 years since Dead Rising and Gears? You've got to be kidding me. Where does the time go?

Comment

I'm sure Crazy Taxi was out before 2001.

Comment

You missed the Wii, came out in all regions in 2006.

Comment

Looking forward to Sonic 25th Ann myself . Think the game will look and play amazing . Really hope EA would give is all the Road Rash games from the Mega Drive and 3DO to download on XBLA and PSN

Comment

Pokemon too, out in Japan during 1996.

Comment

Today marks the 30th Anniversary of the release of Zelda no Densetsu - The Hyrule Fantasy for the Famicom Disk System in Japan.

Comment

Working...
                          X